MS Word, Excel, etc apps?

SuperDave

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Does anyone know when/if the iPhone will have MS word or excel or anything? Maybe even OpenOffice? Thanks!

Brandon!

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
I think the most likely thing for that would be a 3rd party app once the iPhone is finished getting "unlocked". I think that if Apple had intentions to support those files, they would have included more than just a file viewer. If you get one of those files as an attachment, you have a very nice file viewer to read the files, but you cannot edit the files.

Hopefully OpenOffice will be an option on the iPhone in the future though -- that'd be really slick.

SuperDave

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
I think the most likely thing for that would be a 3rd party app once the iPhone is finished getting "unlocked". I think that if Apple had intentions to support those files, they would have included more than just a file viewer. If you get one of those files as an attachment, you have a very nice file viewer to read the files, but you cannot edit the files.

Hopefully OpenOffice will be an option on the iPhone in the future though -- that'd be really slick.
yes OpenOffice would be fantastic but I guess we'll have to wait. Thanks for the reply!