MSN Messenger Application

Owgasm

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
Hello All,

In Australia, i believe there are less users of AOL and AIM etc than MSN Messenger.
Well, i sure do think so.

Anyways, just wondering if anyone has created an application for the MSN Messenger.

I have tried iPhone.msn.com, ebuddy, e.. etc..
I hate them all, horrible to use.

Just wondering if there is an application for it :)

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Hello All,

In Australia, i believe there are less users of AOL and AIM etc than MSN Messenger.

Anyways, just wondering if anyone has created an application for the MSN Messenger.

As of now, there isn't one. Sorry.

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
Hello All,

I believe someone reported that "adium" would be releasing a program for the app store. If you've never used adium, its a chat client that will let you sign in for aim, msn etc...so if that is indeed true that may be your answer for msn messanger

Owgasm

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
Adium aye, alright i'll be looking out for it. Keep me updated, i may miss it :)

iPhone msn i've tried, pathetic, i gota zoom in and out 100times.

The webbased one is exactly the same i believe.

amnesti

Jul 22, 2008
Hello All,

You should try...

www.heysan.com :cool:

like ebuddy but much faster and easier!

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
If not adium (which just could have been a rumor), also keep an eye out for mobilechat...that app which i think should be released at some point in the app store should do what you need.

Ezekiel2517

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
beejive is releasing a native version of their program in september ( which I can't wait for) just in time for the push notification app. they have one for blackberry that I use all the time and it's great.

but for now you can use http://iPhone.beejive.com it's an excellent iPhone web version

Owgasm

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
well, i haven't yet tried this application but have read about it.

Try: http://www.palringo.com/

Apple App Store: Palingro Instant Messanger

I'll try it now.

diesel

Bronze
Aug 15, 2007
NYC
beejive is releasing a native version of their program in september ( which I can't wait for) just in time for the push notification app. they have one for blackberry that I use all the time and it's great.

but for now you can use http://iPhone.beejive.com it's an excellent iPhone web version

beejive is my "go to" instant messenger on the iPhone as well. I can't wait for their native app.

However, my two cents is that when it comes to instant messenger i will gladly pay $ to buy and keep more than one program for the simple reason that at any given time if your primary instant messenger program isn't working (server down for example), you will have another program to log into and tie you over. right now, beejive is my primary and i also have accounts at meebo and another one. i find it convenient to still be able to instant message even if one of the programs is not working.

As far as native apps go, i will be buying mobilechat and beejive and scooping up any quality free ones as well just in case.

wd_stroke

Bronze
Apr 12, 2008
Is there a native application for Yahoo! Messenger? I just installed it two weeks ago on my computer (awesome). I use it to keep in touch with my girlfriend while she's in Canada (video / audio).

diesel

Bronze
Aug 15, 2007
NYC
Is there a native application for Yahoo! Messenger? I just installed it two weeks ago on my computer (awesome). I use it to keep in touch with my girlfriend while she's in Canada (video / audio).

not for yahoo, but you can use the free palringo app to chat on yahoo messenger. palringo works well for me, i know others have had problems with registering or with the app itself but i have had no such problems.

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
I had trouble registering with Palringo because I thought I had to give an e-mail address with a password for the Palringo account. It finally worked when I gave an e-mail address with the password for THAT e-mail address. Palringo should be more specific on how to register.

I used Palringo earlier today. While it is the only iPhone app so far that supports MSN & Yahoo, it's still very buggy. Sometimes, it logs me out for no apparent reason. That usually happens after I've been IMing for a while. Also, this program DOES NOT run in the background as it claims. It logs me out when I exit the program. I have to go into Palringo to see if I have any IMs.

I tested out AIM and that seems to work better than Palringo. Since Palringo doesn't have push either, I prefer the GUI of AIM better.

Hopefully, Palringo can get updates out fast - before more IM apps hit the store.