Mst3k

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
this might be my new addiction, but i'm not sure yet.

recently i saw my first full episode of Mystery Science Theater 3k which was Pod People. it was HILARIOUS. i could not stop laughing because the commentary it just great, and the movies are terrible!

i'm kindof bummed that i caught on so late, especially since the show doesn't air anymore. also that there are so many DVD box-sets and they all cost about $30~50...

anyway, are there any other MST3K fans on EiC?

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly

recently i saw my first full episode of Mystery Science Theater 3k which was Pod People. it was HILARIOUS. i could not stop laughing because the commentary it just great, and the movies are terrible!

i'm kindof bummed that i caught on so late, especially since the show doesn't air anymore. also that there are so many DVD box-sets and they all cost about $30~50...

When I was in early high school, CC was showing MST3K at midnight EVERY weeknight. Needless to say, that's how I got the permanent dark bags under my eyes.

I think it was best with the original crew. i.e. Joel.

I haven't seen an episode in years... when's it on and where?

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio

When this was on Comedy Central I used to watch it all the time---had me crying with laughter at times. The show was better when Joel was with the robots. Mike sucks.

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Aah an old favorite of mine, I do miss these. So they are available in box sets noe huh? I may have to go pick up a few of these soon.

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
Aah an old favorite of mine, I do miss these. So they are available in box sets noe huh? I may have to go pick up a few of these soon.
yeah they are on DVD now, and very expensive.

and about the Joel and Mike topic, i really haven't seen a difference yet. i have only seen two movies, one with gary and one with mike.

Pod People was amazing and so was The Final Sacrifice

Little boy- Trumpy, you can do magic things!
Serve as Trumpy- it's called evil kid

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
MAAAAAAVRIIIIIIIICK!

i love that show.

those would be great to have on the iPhone... they aren't in iTunes, are they?

Jan 22, 2009
More info for you as a new MST3K fan

MST3K is the awesome. You can catch episodes on YouTube, and there are a lot of them on MySpleen, but they deserve to be purchased.
Mike, Kevin Murphy and Bill Corbett (2nd Crow) can be heard regularly on Rifftrax, where they take modern movies and riff them from off camera.

Joel, Trace (original Crow, and Dr Forester), TV's Frank, Pearl, and Josh (original Tom Servo) can be heard and seen on their new show Cinematic Titanic.

Rifftrax and Cinematic Titanic can be purchased and downloaded from their respective sites. Funny stuff! :)

Eric

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I just took my Star Wars: A New Hope DVD and reauthored it with the Rifftrax content -- pretty good! I did that a couple years ago with the Lost pilot as well.

Tex

Silver
Jul 15, 2008
Philly
When I was in early high school, CC was showing MST3K at midnight EVERY weeknight. Needless to say, that's how I got the permanent dark bags under my eyes.

I think it was best with the original crew. i.e. Joel.

I haven't seen an episode in years... when's it on and where?
Dude, I would stay up all night long watching that show on Friday nights with my friend WAY back in the day.

LOVED Joel and the gang. Back in Austin, they had a LIVE rendition of this type of comedy, called Mr. Sinus Theater...they would just play the worst movies imaginable, and do the same type of live commentary. Well worth the $, PLUS you would drink and eat at the movie theatre they performed in.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
Dude, I would stay up all night long watching that show on Friday nights with my friend WAY back in the day.

LOVED Joel and the gang. Back in Austin, they had a LIVE rendition of this type of comedy, called Mr. Sinus Theater...they would just play the worst movies imaginable, and do the same type of live commentary. Well worth the $, PLUS you would drink and eat at the movie theatre they performed in.

wow, for me being an Aggie and you being a sip we sure do like a lot of the same things. I guess we aren't so different after all.

Now...back to eating my Freebird's burrito I just picked up for lunch.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
i've been ordering these a lot lately on netflix... i've never actually seen them on TV.

Tex

Silver
Jul 15, 2008
Philly
wow, for me being an Aggie and you being a sip we sure do like a lot of the same things. I guess we aren't so different after all.

Now...back to eating my Freebird's burrito I just picked up for lunch.
PLease, stop rubbing that in my face.

*sigh*

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Years and years ago, one of my Air Force buddies lent me "Ring of Terror" to check out. I was hooked. I went back to him, gave the tape back, and said, "More..." :)

coasts

Zealot
Gold
Jul 15, 2007
New York, NY
www.lomohomes.com
CC used to run marathons during Tax week...April 15th...yeah....would sit around, fat on refunds, watching hour after hour....good stuff.

Jan 22, 2009

The Cinematic Titanic group (Joel, Trace, Frank, Mary, and Josh) are going to be in Austin in February doing a live Cinematic Titanic.

http://www.gettix.net/theatre/?event_id=2924

Tickets go on sale tomorrow. (Monday 26th January)

I saw them live in Dallas riffing "The Wasp Woman." So funny! :)
Long Live MST3K!

Eric