muffled called

dwp1975

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Rockville, MD
Hi all,

I have a iPhone that I purchased on 12/27. At times, no one can hear me when I talk, other times I come in muffled. I called my other phone and left a voice mail to see if my speaker was defective, but the voicemail sounded fine when I played it back on my other phone. Is my device defective or am I simply holding the device wrong and inadvertantly covering the microphone? I use this phone for work and just had to call a client back on my landline because they could not hear me on my iPhone. :(

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Hi all,

I have a iPhone that I purchased on 12/27. At times, no one can hear me when I talk, other times I come in muffled. I called my other phone and left a voice mail to see if my speaker was defective, but the voicemail sounded fine when I played it back on my other phone. Is my device defective or am I simply holding the device wrong and inadvertantly covering the microphone? I use this phone for work and just had to call a client back on my landline because they could not hear me on my iPhone. :(
YOu could definitely be covering the microphone. Make sure you don't have the bottom black panel covered as you speak in the phone. The holes in the bottom black panel are for the speaker on one side and the microphone on the other.

dwp1975

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Rockville, MD
YOu could definitely be covering the microphone. Make sure you don't have the bottom black panel covered as you speak in the phone. The holes in the bottom black panel are for the speaker on one side and the microphone on the other.
I am definitely hoping I am merely holding the phone wrong because this phone is awesome.