muffled lock sounds

Scottshotz

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007
anyones lock/unlock sound ever sound muffled. I notice it too often for it to be just me going crazy.

AntonChigurh

Bronze
Jan 30, 2008
It only happens to me for some reason when I try to watch a video on vTap.

kylegod

Silver
Jan 1, 2008
Bethlehem, Pa
mine actually did that yesterday. I just turned my phone off then back on and it was fine. I think it may have had to do with playing music and pulling out the plug while its playing?

musicmanmu

Bronze
Aug 2, 2007
WV
I too get the muffled unlock sound on occasion. At first I thought it was b/c I had a jailbroken phone, but I'm on a stock 1.1.3 right now and I still get it. For me, there's no rhyme or reason that I can see as to why it happens. But yes, turning off the phone then back on fixes it for me.

From everything else I've heard, if this is the only problem I have, I'll be a happy camper.

almarlimjr

Bronze
Jan 4, 2008
It's happened to me too. Thought something went wrong with the speaker of something. I've noticed that it will eventually go back to normal OR I would just need to reset the phone.

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
you are not alone.....I have experienced this. I have no idea what causes this though.

gary88

Bronze
Sep 11, 2007
Chicago, IL
Happens to me sometimes. I just turn it off then back on, problem solved.

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
It happens when you watch a video at no volume or you play your iPod for too long at no volume w/ no headphones

Easily fixed by taking out headphones - going to settings --> sounds --> and then moving the slider ever so slightly - the sound will come back normally - that's what I do. Works all the time.

No need to spend an hour and a half waiting for the phone to boot.

amiroo79

Bronze
Nov 3, 2007
Southern California
Mine does it randomly too and what's even more annoying is the muffled keyboard sounds when you tap letters, etc...

I found that you can get out of it by simply going to your iPod and playing a song and then getting out. It's irrelevant what the volume is set to or how long you play it. Just as long as you hit play for even a second it will get out of it. No need for reboots or resets or even restores. It will come back no matter what so just kill it as easily as possible and anticipate a return soon.

They need to fix it because it happens to me every freakin day! I thought I was the only one! Not that it makes me happy to know that but at least now I can hope that someone will find a way to fix it. I'm currently on 1.1.2. I was on 1.1.1 before. Same problem on both and I can see that another post is indicating that he has it on his 1.1.3.

williamrob42

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
I went into the sounds on the phone and turned it off and then when turning it back on it seemed to be better.

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
happened to me and happens to me all the time..... i just play ipod and it fixes it... it is annoying... i was jailbroken at one point... not sure if that has anything to do with it...