Multi-quote feature

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Doesn't work for me. I tried it when it was announced and just tried it again.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I just tried it. Seems really goofy. Let me work with it some more.

Okay, got it. You hit +quote and then hit reply for each post. It'll take you down to the reply box each time; that's what makes it goofy for me.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Hit the +quote for each quote. Below the editor, you'll see a button 'Insert quotes'. Hit that and all the quotes are inserted.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Ah. I didn't notice the insert button down in the reply box. Still, I get the same results by just hitting "reply" on each post I want to reply to.

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
I'm still a little bit unsure how to use this feature. I was trying to quote another user in the forum and that user's message didn't appear quoted as it does on the iPhone app. It says that the quote was added to a multi message, but I don't see the message so I did a copy and paste of the original quote to see if that would work but it posts the reply without the quoted part.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I'm still a little bit unsure how to use this feature. I was trying to quote another user in the forum and that user's message didn't appear quoted as it does on the iPhone app. It says that the quote was added to a multi message, but I don't see the message so I did a copy and paste of the original quote to see if that would work but it posts the reply without the quoted part.
Click +quote next to the posts and then click instert quote under the reply box. At least that's how it works on mobile Safari.

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
I left out the part where you need to click on Insert Quotes... maybe a suggestion to the feature is to let you quote only the highlighted text and not only what is in the quoted box.