multimedia messages?

Justin

Bronze
Mar 6, 2007
I haven't really paid a lot of attention to new software lately... is there a good program out that will send and receive multimedia messages?

I wish they'd just fricken integrate it.

Justin

Bronze
Mar 6, 2007
really? no one?

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
There are half-hearted attempts for a jailbroken phone, but otherwise, no. It still doesn't work the way you want it to on the iPhone.

Matt

Bronze
May 10, 2007
yes I tried using swirly MMS but it didn't work...

bubbamorgan91

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
DC
yes swirlymms works but unless you convince att to add mms to your account then it will not work for you unless you are on a different network. (unlocked)

NickT916

Bronze
Jan 4, 2008
my phone is unlocked and jailbroken, yet im still with ATT i just downloaded MMS, it says to set up proxy server and all that stuff, can someone help me out here, what do i put into the fields?

Cusca

Bronze
Apr 27, 2008
ROMANIA
www.cusca.3dk.org
i`m so tired about hearing of mms and why Apple did not incorporate the fuction into the iPhone, it`s been out for how long now ? 5 years or so ? and i know like 0 people who use it, it was a good concept but that`s it

H

Hayesimus

good luck to the original poster. and just for future reference. its always a good idea to use the search bar at the top of the forum. just type in MMS and you will see dozens of threads. Some people get pretty cranky when they see a new thread on a pretty tired topic. Just trying to help you avoid any unpleasantness in the future! Glad to have you around nonetheless! Let us know if you got the MMS working and whether AT&T was helpful...

NickT916

Bronze
Jan 4, 2008
here http://www.swirlyspace.com/iPhone/apps/mms/settings.html find your network and youll find your answer. but again if you stay with att you will have to convince them to add mms you your account because you need that for swirlymms to work. but if you change networks to say verizon or t-moblie then you will be fine.
Since I have unlimited txt on iPhone and unlimited Internet, would mms be a free add on, its just getting them to add of to my account that would be a problem? Can I just go in keep bugging different reps till someone gives in? Should I say something like I need mms on my account or imnlraving AT&T! That will show them right!? LOL :)) my phone is unlocked and stuff I just don't wanna pay that one fee to leave...

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
good luck to the original poster. and just for future reference. its always a good idea to use the search bar at the top of the forum. just type in MMS and you will see dozens of threads. Some people get pretty cranky when they see a new thread on a pretty tired topic. Just trying to help you avoid any unpleasantness in the future! Glad to have you around nonetheless! Let us know if you got the MMS working and whether AT&T was helpful...
Hayes you handled that perfectly! I have seen so many threads like this where the OP ends up being flamed for not searching, but that was very well written. lol

H

Hayesimus

Thanks. And as for the flaming of others... well there is no sense in that. Maybe if it was a persistent problem, but people have to learn forum etiquette somewhere... so they will usually have to make some mistakes in the process. :p I mean I NEVER did... :D i swear... lol

Last edited by a moderator: