multiple email accounts...

callenk

Apr 25, 2007
I understand that the iPhone will have yahoo push email capabilities. My question is the following:

acknowleding that many folks have multiple email accounts (perhaps one for businesss/professional use and another for personal use), will the iPhone have the ability to have multiple email accounts linked to the phone for push email?

itsabouttime

Silver
Feb 18, 2007
San Antonio, Tx.
Yahoo was the only provider that has offered the push feature, so, I would assume that you could have multiple e-mail accts with push so long as their Yahoo. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. :laugh2:

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I understand that the iPhone will have yahoo push email capabilities. My question is the following:

acknowleding that many folks have multiple email accounts (perhaps one for businesss/professional use and another for personal use), will the iPhone have the ability to have multiple email accounts linked to the phone for push email?
I think it will only be Yahoo that will be able to be pushed to your phone when you receive emails. The other POP3 and IMAP will have to be checked from time to time.

The training manual describes the email features for POP3 and IMAP as -

iPHone works with the two most popular mail services - IMAP and POP3. This includes email accounts from Yahoo!Mail, Google's Gmail, AOL mail, MS Exchange (if configured for IMAP), Mac mail, as well as most mail from other Internet service providers (ISPs). This allows customers to receive email on their iPhone from At&t's EDGE network or via Wi-Fi.

The Yahoo! Push email service will automatically send all new email messages to iPhone, allowing customers to stay connected throughout the day. A data plan is required.

You can get it here in PDF format.