Multiple iPhones with same iTunes questions

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Torinate, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Torinate

Torinate Member
    Bronze

Hey there.

Have some questions for the experts here.

I'm getting 2 new iPhone 4S' for my wife and I. Can these both be used with the same iTunes account on the same computer?

My current iPhone 3GS is jailbroken and still running 4.1. I'd like to keep it that way and let the kids use it as an iPod Touch sort of thing. When this is hooked up to iTunes, will it automatically update to 5.01 after the new phones are synched? How can I transfer contacts and emails etc to my new phone? Once I set up my google email, will it transfer all emails to the new phone?

Is there an app that will allow my wife to 'pin' her friends with blackberries? She's converting...

Any other hints that would help?

Thanks for all you help!

2. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

You can all use the same iTunes account on iTunes. iTunes will identify which device is plugged in and what settings you have chosen for that device, i.e., what songs, movies, etc.
    Your kids can use your 3GS as an iPod. iTunes will ask you if you want to upgrade to new firmware. If you upgrade you will lose the jailbreak, but that may not be a problem for them anyway. Be sure and clear your information from it before giving it to them.
    Be sure and backup your 3GS before getting your new phone. You should probably restore from the backup of your 3GS when setting up your new one. That will save all your existing information onto your new phone. (Do all this, of course, before clearing it out to give to your kids). It will transfer your gmail account, etc.
    Don't know what 'pin' is, but your wife can text her blackberry friends.
    You should all get Google or iCloud accounts so you can back, sync and save all you data and information separately.
    Whew. Don't know if I answered all your questions or not.

3. Torinate

Torinate Member
    Bronze

Awesome!

Thanks.

A Pin is a blackberry number identifier that allows free texts between blackberry users.