Multiple notification for text messages on 2.1?

guest4

Bronze
Mar 27, 2008
What do they mean? I can't find any settings for it anywhere or anything.

smknSRT8

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
What multiple notifications are you talking about? I am confused.

showguy

Silver
Dec 2, 2007
Long Island, NY
There are no settings. an unread text will give you a reminder tone after about 5 minutes. You can not alter it or shut it off.

Velodog2

Silver
Jul 19, 2007
It happens automatically. There is no changing the settings for it.
I have, amazingly, run out of ways to express my frustration and disappointment (see avatar) with Apple and their complete disdain for the most obvious and necessary of functionality. They are so like the genius who can't, or won't be bothered to match his socks. Perhaps, I wonder, just perhaps, there is a good reason their computer market share has always been so low.

stevetim

Silver
Jul 20, 2007
I have, amazingly, run out of ways to express my frustration and disappointment (see avatar) with Apple and their complete disdain for the most obvious and necessary of functionality. They are so like the genius who can't, or won't be bothered to match his socks. Perhaps, I wonder, just perhaps, there is a good reason their computer market share has always been so low.
I'm going to guess that the reason Apple incorporated this feature in 2.1, is that they are addressing the lack of customizable tones for text messages.

They probably figured the alternate way to appease some people who want louder tones but can't get them without JB'ing, is to have a couple more alerts that you may not miss.

However, just a guess.

guest4

Bronze
Mar 27, 2008
Oh! It actually just happened. Lol I've had my phone on vibrate since I updated, so that's probably why I haven't noticed. Thanks!