Multitouch app

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Hmind

Jul 17, 2007
Its a demo app that came up on installer today, it shows image rotation,scale,and position manipulation tech. This means that kind of functionality may be in some apps soon :) (if you don't know what im talking about, its like the control screen in minority report or how u manipulate pictures on microsoft surface)

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
yes turning and moving the photo with two fingers is awesome. Seems like you are moving an actual photo.

A guy at a meeting I attended yesterday had just bought the LG Voyager. He arrived at the meeting before I did and had been showing it off as an "iPhone killer."

I demo'd a few apps, compared Web browsing, and other stuff to dispel that silly notion. But the coup de grâce was showing Labyrinth followed by the Multitouch app. :) :) :)

--
Mike

Velodog2

Silver
Jul 19, 2007
The completely lag-free response is what makes it so cool. It takes the feeling of interacting physically with the screen contents to the next level.

Strange how you cannot recenter the zoom though.

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
This type of tech would be great in an app like Google Maps. The only problem is is that google maps is tied to an external server, so there would be a lag in response, ESPECIALLY if using EDGE. But, I am excited about the prospects of this tech being employed by an app.

Michael Baturin

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
South Jersey
The other thing is when you try to move the map when you are zoomed in, it will not really move, it kind of clicks back to the original position. Besides that this thing is awesome. I would be great to have this app made able to select as many of your own pictures as you want, and manipulate each one while on the same screen.

maalesh

Aug 28, 2007
You can replace it with your own picture, but it's currently coded to accept only one pic at a time. This is what I did:

1. Go to Google maps and get a satellite view of the city of your choice

2. Copy and paste it into a graphics editor - ideal size seems to be 797x737 Pixels.

3. Save the file as: WTC_skyview.jpg (this is hard-coded into the app)

4. Copy the new file to /applications/multitouch.app and overwrite the existing file (or make a backup first if you don't want to lose the original).

It works really well - but if you put in a bigger picture, it doesn't center and zoom properly.

You can also delete the grid if you want (grid.png), but I think it adds a nice 3-d effect when you zoom in and out.