Music and Videos don't show up in iPod, but take up space on iPhone

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
So iTunes says it is syncing music and videos, but when it is done, there's no music in the iPod app while iTunes shows that the audio and video are taking up 10 GB of space. Anyone else experiencing this on 3.0 beta? (I'm getting an error that my calendar appts won't sync, if that has anything to do with it...)

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Google sync for calendar works fine for me

So iTunes says it is syncing music and videos, but when it is done, there's no music in the iPod app while iTunes shows that the audio and video are taking up 10 GB of space. Anyone else experiencing this on 3.0 beta? (I'm getting an error that my calendar appts won't sync, if that has anything to do with it...)
I'm getting the same thing...(no music, that is) so I'm gonna restore and set it up as a "New" phone.

I've seen a few posts with the same issue, but no resolution yet.

I'll let you know if this works.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
I fixed it guys. Has your iTunes been doing a lot of extra syncing that you end up canceling out if impatience? That's what I was doing, but finally I stuck it out and waited. It took like an extra 45 minutes of pointless syncing but finally it finished and my music showed up. It's a weird bug that needs fixed, but at least just waiting until it finishes will fix this problem, at least for me.

I fixed it guys. Has your iTunes been doing a lot of extra syncing that you end up canceling out if impatience? That's what I was doing, but finally I stuck it out and waited. It took like an extra 45 minutes of pointless syncing but finally it finished and my music showed up. It's a weird bug that needs fixed, but at least just waiting until it finishes will fix this problem, at least for me.

And... you couldn't have figured this out 5 minutes ago before I completely started over?!?! :p

Ahhhhh the joys of beta software!

Thanks for the tip!

(We'll see if it still does it)

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
And... you couldn't have figured this out 5 minutes ago before I completely started over?!?! :p

Ahhhhh the joys of beta software!

Thanks for the tip!

(We'll see if it still does it)
Haha sorry! Are you getting all the extra pointless syncing too and then canceling it?