Music app after update....

Discussion in 'iPhone Apps and Games' started by panarican, Sep 30, 2013.

1. panarican

panarican New Member

The changes to the Music app are so irritating & not functional if u just want to listen to the playlists you created and search for an album by "album".
    Everything navigates me to their store!
    How can i search by album, bc its not coming up by "artist". Also where are my beloved playlists that i took great care to create and amend over the years? Greatly appreciate any help.

Sent using iCafe app

#1 panarican, Sep 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2013
  2. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

Have you recently updated to iOS 7 with an old device or just introduced a new device to sync with your existing iTunes library? Have you synced your playlists to the device in question? A few more details might help track down a solution. Or not, as the case may be. :)

3. shutter13

shutter13 Evangelist
    Gold

Open the music app go to more and select albums. You can tap edit and rearrange which options are in which order.

In the screen shot you can see I have reordered the options to suit my taste. a4yvymud.jpg

Also turning the iPhone into landscape while in the music app allows you to browse your albums cover art, tap on the album cover to access the album info.

#3 shutter13, Sep 30, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2013
  4. jmp316

jmp316 Evangelist
    Gold

It's different from the previous version for sure, but I've had no problems with it at all. You can customize the bottom row by clicking the "more" tab on the bottom and them clicking "Edit". In the search field at the top you can search for any music (artist, album, song) and it works great for me.

I've never been navigated to the store, so I'm not sure what's going on there... Good luck!

5. panarican

panarican New Member

Thank you! I didn't even notice the edit button that allowed me to change the navigating icons at the bottom.
    There is a "store" icon in every window with iTunes navigation bar. But once you hit the store button, there isn't an iTunes button in any of the windows with the store navigation bar. There is this backdoor way of getting to iTunes that requires some hunting......"more"--> "downloads" --->"purchase" takes me back to iTunes navigation.
    ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1380863154.872458.jpg ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1380863178.733341.jpg

Sent using iCafe app