Music from iCloud

Discussion in 'iPhone 4' started by angi3z, Oct 30, 2013.

1. angi3z

angi3z New Member

I only had certain songs on my iPhone before updating to ios7. I then updated to ios7 and when I went into my music library every song I've ever purchased was on there (even though I don't have them on ANY computer or anything, there on CD's), available to play with an iCloud symbol next to it.

I then updated to ios 7.0.3 and had issues anytime I connected to wifi and wanted to use internet I would have to disable wifi and re-enable it for it to work, and when I was using 3G and tried to use the internet I would have to go into airplane mode and back out for it to work, anyways, so I plugged my phone into the computer, backed it up onto iTunes instead of iCloud and restored it to factory settings, lost ALL my apps, they are nowhere on my iTunes like they would be before when you backed it up, and I also lost all my music except for the ones purchased on this phone.. the ones that are on CD's that were JUST available for me to play when I first updated to ios7 are now gone.

Any way to get them back without actually having to physically getting my CD's and putting them on my iPhone? I would love to have them back on there like they just were last week once updated... Ugh :(

Thanks

#1 angi3z, Oct 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2014
  2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

They should still be in iTunes on the computer. You can just sync them back on to the phone.

3. angi3z

angi3z New Member

There not on my iTunes.... they haven't been for over a year or more...

4. angi3z

angi3z New Member

Hmm... maybe they were on my iTunes on one of my authorized comps that broke... other than that option they have been only on CD's for over a year.

So am I out of luck or is there another way? If they can jus appear when I updated to ios 7 tey should be able to be recovered somehow the same way they pulled them from the update... jus have no idea how they did it.

5. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

That's the problem. Never trust them solely on the phone. If it crashes or gets broken, lost or stolen they are gone for good unless they are in iTunes or backed up somewhere. That is unless they were purchased in iTunes - those can be downloaded again.

6. angi3z

angi3z New Member

Thanks.
    They are backed up on CD's...

Jus figured since there weren't on my phone before the iOS 7 update but on it after it updated that there was a way to relit them back on like the update did without physically needing to get the CD's.

7. angi3z

angi3z New Member

Problem resolved itself somehow. Was choosing a station to add to my iTunes Radio and then it froze, rebooted my phone and went back in my music app, all the songs were back on. I shall now backup my phone to iCloud for prevention of this again.

8. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

iCloud doesn't back up music that was ripped or not purchased in iTunes. You'll need to back those up to a computer and an external backup drive to keep them safe.

9. angi3z

angi3z New Member

I purchased them all on iTunes. There just on CD's and a broken computer.