Music gone from phone/won't resync

Discussion in 'iPhone 4S' started by bballrob, Sep 11, 2013.

1. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

Something happened the other day and when I did a sync all my music was deleted from my phone. I have it set up to just sync a few playlists and genres, about 500 songs. For some reason, no matter what I try, it won't reinstall the music on my phone. Any ideas? I can't stand the thought of going for a run tonight with no music!

Sent using iCafe app

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Make sure "sync music" box is checked under the music tab.

3. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

Nope, not that. I've tried unchecking everything on the music tab, resyncing, then re-checking the items I want synced and syncing again. That doesn't help either.

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

As a last resort, you could rebuild the library, but there are some other things to try first. I'd test manually managing the music to see if that works. Also make a new playlist with a song that isn't in your current playlist and try to sync it. A corrupt file might be causing it. Do a hard reset first, make sure sync only checked items is checked and update iTunes if it's not the current version. What 4S firmware version are you using and is it jailbroken?

5. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

JB, yes.

iOS 6.1.1(10B145)

iTunes version 11.0.5

I've tried some manual management with no luck.

Sent using iCafe app

6. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

Ok, Europa, are you Jesus' sister, cause I swear you are my savior every time I run into problems here.

The sync only checked songs and videos was unchecked. I don't recall in checking it, but that doesn't mean I didn't. Anyhow, it is currently loading 1413 songs back onto my phone. So it likes I should be in good shape to go run 5 miles here in an hour or so.

Sent using iCafe app

7. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Cool. I'm glad that worked.

Have a good run! :)