Music in car via USB

Brian351

Feb 20, 2012
I have a question that I have not been able to find an answer to. I use a couple of old iPhone 5s that I keep in my cars used only to play downloaded music through the USB. When I first start the car and start listening I will choose a genre or a playlist but when I shut the car off and then later return, the music restarts alphabetically from ALL songs instead of where the playlist or genre left off. In contrast, I have a iPod that stays on my motorcycle via USB and it always starts from where I left off no matter how long it has been since I last rode. Anyone now how to fix this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
I have a question that I have not been able to find an answer to. I use a couple of old iPhone 5s that I keep in my cars used only to play downloaded music through the USB. When I first start the car and start listening I will choose a genre or a playlist but when I shut the car off and then later return, the music restarts alphabetically from ALL songs instead of where the playlist or genre left off. In contrast, I have a iPod that stays on my motorcycle via USB and it always starts from where I left off no matter how long it has been since I last rode. Anyone now how to fix this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Depends on the vehicle. Some cars will do it their way regardless of how you set your iPod/iphone up. My CR-V screwed my music all up, but my CarPlay stereos do just fine.