Music no longer syncs

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dreamster, Dec 8, 2012.

1. dreamster

dreamster New Member

All my music is in iTunes. Some was purchaed on iTunes, some on Amazon and some loaded from CD's. Synching was never a problem until recently. New purchases did not seem to synch even though checked in the box. I unchecked everything and synched which wiped the phone clean. Then tried to synch the entire library. The song, artist information fully transfered but all songs show in light grey and are not actually loaded. About 5% of them did load, listed in bold black type and play. When in iTunes synch mode, looking at songs in the phone, the computer also shows them in light grey with a small circle in the left collumn with a little i in the middle. Mystery is that all these song have loaded to the phone in the past and the 5% that does load is not just iTunes purchaed but very random. Example: only one song from a CD loads and the rest in light grey and not actually loaded.

2. Kriss

Kriss Zealot
    Silver

There are a lot of variables there. The little i in the circle is indicative of not being able to find the actual music in your library. I would go into your music folder in iTunes and verify the music IS there and what format it is. Example, if you have FLAC versions of songs, they won't sync. The same goes with some other formats. It's possible that at one time or another you have deleted songs you didn't want to listen to off your iPhone, and they were deleted from your library. I don't have a lot of info about your system nor your music so I'm afraid that's about all I can offer..

3. dreamster

dreamster New Member

The little i with the circle only shows up when looking at what is on the phone. In the music section of iTunes on the computer everything looks fine, the files are there and I can play everything on the computer. It just does not transfer to the phone. Plus, as I said, a few will get through with no rhyme or reason why they loaded and a thousand others did not. I will look at the format information, but 90% of all these files had been successfuly loaded at one time. If changing the format was the answer, can that be done? I recently updated both iTunes and the iPhone operating system as directed by Apple.

4. Kriss

Kriss Zealot
    Silver

Depending on the format, changing them could be as simple as just changing the extension or you may have to use a audio converter. If everything is on the computer and playing fine, then the answer lies in either the format or a problem actually transferring the data. Could be as simple as a bad cable. I personally use iTunes Match and all my music is in the cloud. It shows up on my phone but doesn't take up any space unless I click on it and download it to my phone.

5. Kriss

Kriss Zealot
    Silver

Also.. Have you tried shutting off the phone and restarting?