Music on iPhone

1. Bedulie New Member

How do I make my iPhone music a ringtone...I have tried a few apps and they don't seem to work! I have music on here that I want to use as ringtones! Help!

2. fury Evangelist Gold

You would need to sync the ringtones made with the apps into your iTunes library to get them onto the phone. Apple doesn't allow the apps to directly add a ringtone. The only way to get a ringtone onto the iPhone without a computer is by buying it from the iTunes store

The apps make .m4r files that are saved in their documents folder, which you can then use iTunes to save onto your computer.

Connect your iPhone to your computer, and go to the sync screen on iTunes (where it shows your iPhone name, capacity, etc.). From there, go to the Apps tab and scroll down to the Documents section. Select the app, you will see a list of the files in its documents folder. Any ringtone files you've made in the app should show up there. Select the files, and click "Save" to choose where to put them on your computer.

Double-click an .m4r file on your computer to add it to the iTunes library.

Lastly, make sure you're syncing ringtones in the iPhone sync screen ("Tones" or "Ringtones" tab).

3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. igossips New Member

You can try best ringtone apps like Zedge and lot more available in market free of cost.

5. radtechy Contributor Bronze

If you can't find what you like and want to use you're own stuff. Do what fury said.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using iCafe

6. JWB Member Bronze

When I start my car with my phone plugged in to my cars stereo it always starts playing the first song starting with A. I pause what I'm listening to when I stop the car. Is there a setting that I can use to start playing the song where I left off?
    Thank you

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. MoneyMaker79 Evangelist Gold

How is your iPhone set up with your car stereo? Either way I'm unsure. I have mine plugged in through the auxiliary, meaning I just pause and start music etc at my leisure.

I think I know what you're talking about now though. Do you have a system that recognizes your iPhone?

8. jmp316 Evangelist Silver

Mine does that too. I have a 2012 Hyundai Accent and directly plug into the system using the Hyundai iPod cable and Apple's 30 pin to lightning adapter. It's annoying for sure, but it's the car, not the phone. I'm pretty sure there is nothing you can you do. I've learned to live with it...

9. Europa Genius Senior Moderator

Mine used to do that. I heard Abba -Dancing Queen every damn time I started the engine. But ever since stock multitasking was added, it picks back up in the playlist wherever I left off, which is awesome. It started doing this automatically. I have the same car and the same stereo. It does have an annoying side effect, though. If I have a video (Air Video, YouTube, you name it) paused, it picks up there as well and starts playing the audio from the video in my car. I just use Siri via Bluetooth at that point and tell it to play my playlist and it picks up where I left off.