Music on playlist will not play?

Discussion in 'iPhone 4S' started by Sharunda, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

I’m a commuter. I rely on the iPod part of my iPhone to entertain me. Well I discovered a problem Saturday that I couldn’t even fathom. My Music, all save for two of my playlists, do not play all to any of the music. IDK what the heck is going on. I restored my phone and put my backup on it, but that didn’t help.

I read where people who had this problem in the past as far back as ’10 did a restore as new and then put their play lists back on their phone only to have the exact same problem within three to six months.

Although I had never heard of this problem and had never experienced this until now, this is something that has been going on for a while and Apple has got to fix it. IDK what the heck the problem is caused by but it is an extremely bad problem and it must be corrected.

I initially thought it was because I have so much music on my iPhone, but that can’t be it. Something’s just not jiving together with the iPhone Music and everything else I suppose.

Right now I have full access to only two of my playlists and that’s not cool because not only am I afraid they will go soon, but I like to switch around and listen to other things, but I cannot now. I even created a new playlist, put a few songs on it and it won’t play on my iPhone. The songs skip around and show a wrong picture and play a song that is at the end of the playlist.

This happens with music purchased from iTunes as well as my imported CD music.

This sucks so much. Has anyone had a problem like this?

#1 Sharunda, Jul 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2014
  2. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

Now you say it I had some hick ups in my play lists
    I have 3 phones and 1 iPad having all diffrent playlists on iTunes
    I had songs what would play the first few sec and then stop and skip to the next song
    I have made Playlists on both PC and phone (realized never on the ipad LOL)
    You did the restore when you locked your self out I would suggest do it again (hate me)
    Be 100% sure you got a GOOD WIFI connection I had issues with my old internet provider what has caused my phone not to restore correctly.

3. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

4. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

When you get home check your sync settings in
    iTunes
    Summary
    scroll down to Options
    there you may have selected
    Sync with this iPhone over Wifi

I go to the Music tap and select my playlists from there
    It is easier since there is the 3 of us with a bunch of lists each.

Good you don't hate me LOL
    I have been been feeling the movingblues a bid.

5. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

imutter The repeated Restore did the trick! Now All my music plays beautifully like it did before the whole wrong PW lock out dilemma.

Thanks for your suggestion again! I would have never thought it was that simple. When I have had problems with my pictures I never freaked out. I usually just restored the pictures through iTunes and they were good as new. This was just a new problem I wasn't familiar with.

U may have the movingblues right now, but when the smoke finally clears and you really settle in you will love your new home. you can get used to your neighbors, the people and the weather, but what is more important is what is inside your house. you Son, husband all your favorite stuff and your decorating taste. It'll get better. Oh yeah, plus you have us. We'll be here for you if you want to vent or ask for help. (((((((imutter)))))))

Again, your help is always appreciated. Thanks soo much imutter!