Music volume goes way down after phone call

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Errk!

Bronze
Jul 13, 2007
I'm coming across a new (new for me anyway) problem and I don't see any mention of it anywhere.

When I am listening to music and using a line out to plug into speakers I have a nice loud volume level. But when a call comes in the volume drops WAY down for the call, and when it automatically goes back to the music the volume level there is also WAY down, much lower than it was previously despite no adjustment on the device.

It takes resetting the device to get the previous high volume. And if I get another call, the same thing happens.

Is there a way to avoid this? I don't have any hacks or modifications - pure vanilla, baby.

Is anyone else getting this?

dr.doom

Sep 12, 2007
I'm coming across a new (new for me anyway) problem and I don't see any mention of it anywhere.

When I am listening to music and using a line out to plug into speakers I have a nice loud volume level. But when a call comes in the volume drops WAY down for the call, and when it automatically goes back to the music the volume level there is also WAY down, much lower than it was previously despite no adjustment on the device.

It takes resetting the device to get the previous high volume. And if I get another call, the same thing happens.

Is there a way to avoid this? I don't have any hacks or modifications - pure vanilla, baby.

Is anyone else getting this?
yeah man, I'm getting this problem, along with a couple others -- there's a recurring crackling or popping noise in between every song when I switch or skip between tracks. It's rather subtle, but it really bothers me. Additionally, sometimes when I try and adjust the volume level, instead of just changing pitches, it needs to do it with an obnoxious vibrado-y jumpy fashion. The iPhone has many many problem with its ipod feature, and it's really beginning to get on my nerves.. is anyone else encountering any of these problems? =( I'm seriously considering just returning it and getting an inferior, cheaper cell phone and a 160 GB iPod Classic :sick:

dr.doom

Sep 12, 2007
lol sorry, didn't mean to curse.. anyways the question was more implied rather than direct.. the TC and I are just wondering if there's a solution to the volume dropping on the music after a phone call.. could that specific issue have been ressolved in the recent iPhone update? I haven't updated yet...

petalmom

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
Apology accepted :)

I'm sorry that I can't help you with your issue but I'm sure that somebody smarter then me will come along soon :)