Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
What are your "must have" accessories?
Here is my list:
1) Slider case
2) Crystal support anti-glare screen protector
3) The new UB5 headphones from Ultimate Buds (review coming in the next couple of days!)
4) Component A/V cable (great on a trip if you can connect to the TV in your hotel room!
5)Griffin Auto Pilot Car Charger and AUX pass-through Tunes for the ride
6) Dice dock - so I can simply dock my phone when I get in the car and it's charging and plugged into the stereo
7) BT headset (currently still have the Apple one)
8) Quart size Ziplock Freezer bag. Probably the cheapest accessory, but essential for keeping your iPhone and headphones dry on a rainy day. I keep a couple in the car, and at work. I need to get a waterproof armband so I can wear it while mowing or running, as well as running from the parking lot to the building in a rainstorm.

That's all I NEED. what do you have to have?

iMerlin

Silver
Sep 20, 2007
Algonquin, IL
8) Quart size Ziplock Freezer bag. Probably the cheapest accessory, but essential for keeping your iPhone and headphones dry on a rainy day. I keep a couple in the car, and at work. I need to get a waterproof armband so I can wear it while mowing or running, as well as running from the parking lot to the building in a rainstorm.

That's all I NEED. what do you have to have?
Whats going on Hawk, how have you been man?

Your number 8 above is an excellent idea and I never thought of it. I go mountain biking a lot and its often wet on the path or trails I ride. This is a great solution.

My must have is the Shure Music Phone Adapter so I can still use my Shure headphones and have most of the functionality the stock iPhone earbuds have. The only thing Im missing now is volume control but thats ok.

I guess I have another one. I just got it installed yesterday but so far Im loving it. The Sony XPLOD MEXBT2700 bluetooth car CD player. Able to stream A2DP and handsfree to the head unit. Syncs no problem and sounds amazing. So much better than my FM transmitter.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I'm hanging in there man, thanks for asking! I haven't been mountain bike riding in a couple years. I need new tubes and tires, and probably a full tune-up.
(plus my bike was made in 1994- i think... might be time for a new one)

Zagg and V-Moda both make iPhone headphones with a volume control on them.
If it wasn't for the fact that i love the sound of my Bose unit in my pathfinder, I might do the same as you with the head unit.

iMerlin

Silver
Sep 20, 2007
Algonquin, IL
Yeah, I took a year off or so, had twins, didn't ride! But this year Im getting back into it and I remember why I love it.

Anyway, I lost some power putting that Sony in though. My factory unit was 65 a channel whereas this is 50, but so far it is worth it. Hell, it might give me a reason to throw an amp in there! Mo money mo money mo money!

Jun 24, 2009
heres one to add not to many people know about its in the later stages of production but its a game controller it looks xactly like a psp but on the face it is slotted to fit the iPhone and you can play your games with this controller flawlessly i forget the site but im sure if you look it up on google or bing youll find it. supposed to be cheap to around 30 bux...

trnsilver

Zealot
Gold
Feb 2, 2008
Florida
Good list. Curious about what you mean by dice dock...?

Marty Mar

Bronze
Jul 7, 2008
Cortland Ohio
good list hawk! you've got all bases covered i think lol.

given i'm less mobile (aka: i don't drive) my list is much more simple.

m-audio ie-10 headphones (basically repackaged ultimate ears for hundreds less).

NAJA King stand for night stand (no need for alarm clock anymore).

a regular Apple dock for the office desk.

basic leather holster for the belt.

protective gelaskin (brand) skin for the back (with picture of old school boom box :p)

aside from that, lots of beck and arrested development lol

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Pioneer BT7000 head unit. Bluetooth hands-free, charger, plays iPod and pandora.

And a decent pair of headphones. Vmoda vibe duos do the trick for me.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Well, I know someone that had his phone in his pocket and running from the car to the front door, got soaked and the phone actually got water damaged.
So instead of spending the loot for the H2O waterproof armband, I use a ziplock. It's not the ocean...;)

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
Here's what I use for my iPhone 3G:

I have 3 basic cases:
Element Case
Contour Showcase
Agent 18 ClearShield + Marware CEO Premiere

Power Support Crystal Film screen protector

V-Moda Vibe II headphone
Motorola S9 Stereo Bluetooth headphone

2009 Acura TSX w/Technology package
  • Built-in USB port for charging and playing your iPphone straight to the stereo
  • Stereo Bluetooth Support for playing music wirelessly from your iPhone
  • Handsfree calling

I also have a Toyota RAV4 and thinking of getting a relatively cheap Bluetooth head unit.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
1. Silicone case
2. Sony Xplod CDXGT630UI head unit with USB input
3. Hybrid car mount (I used parts from a Bracketron satellite radio dash mount & a
vent clip/iPod holder)
4. 1300 watt Sony Xplod subwoofer
5. 1200 watt Sony Xplod amp
6. BlueAnt Supertooth 3 car bluetooth speaker
7. Freezer Ziplock bag (thanks for the suggestion Hawk)
8. Stock 3GS headphones

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
1.) Incase Slider
2.) Otterbox Defender or Speck Tough Skin Case, for outdoor activity
3.) Holster, that also holds the iPhone wearing a case
4.) Protective Screens
5.) MicroFiber cloth for cleaning
6.) External battery backup
7.) Ziplock bag (thanks also to Hawk)
8.) Stand or cradle to hold iPhone, at first I didn't think it was necessary but I sit in front of a desktop computer a lot and having the iPhone sitting in a stand makes a huge difference rather than having it lay flat on the desk.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Not being as needy or pretentious, I need a set of in-earphones w/iPhone/ipod control clicker and a belt clip/case.

BunnyGirl

Jun 27, 2009
Italy
Wow got a lot of ideas reading this thread-must check out everything!

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Thanks! I figure that everyone has their "must have" accessories, but they might not be anything anyone else would have thought of (like my freezer bag trick).
This way, if everyone contributes, everyone can possibly see things that they otherwise would never have even known existed.

Wow, Italy? That's one of those places on my "must visit before I die" list

BrownGem

Zealot
Gold
Feb 27, 2009
Texas
1. Shure E3c ear buds (accidentally put these through the washer n dryer once. Still work)
2. Vaja case
3. Ziplocks ( I walk in the park so I was carrying this anyway...just in case)
4. Microfiber cloth
5. JBL portable speaker dock
6. Bluetooth headset
7. Have an Ipod dock in the ride so I still use the pod. I load music on both devices.

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
1) DLO hip case
2) 2 ziplock sandwhich bags in my Bento pouch on my road bike, 1 in my hiking pack
3) Ei-6 earphones for travel
4) Hopefully the Jabra BT3030 Bluetooth (if it works, should be here any day).

That is it. All else is fluff to me!

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Well here's my list so far and this list isn't for everyone. I work outdoors 5-6 days a week and I'm constantly around dusty, dirty and sometimes damp conditions. I'm in no way worried about the 'slimness' of my phone. I'll take function/protection over the fashion.

(1) White iPhone 3Gs.

(2) Black Otterbox Defender Case

(3) Microfiber Cloth

(4) Hefty OneZip Storage Bag

(5) Apple standard iPhone earbuds

(6) Lowepro Ridge 30 Digital Camera Case - I wear this at work mainly so that I feel my iPhone is 100 percent secure from the elements. I usually leave my Defender belt clip at home and stuff the iPhone (still in the defender 'case') plastic baggy and cleaning cloth in the main zippered and well padded main part of the case and my earbuds in the front zippered part of the case. It really is the perfect fit for everything I need and it's water resistant.

That's all I generally carry with me at all times.

I've also got this on the way...

(7) Contour rE-Charge Universal - 2-in-1 Car/Wall Charger with 2 USB

...Although I have no idea where I'm going to carry it. Probably just in my pocket.

I may update my list in a few months with a couple other things such as...

(1) Mophie Juice Pack Air - This is a case/battery pack for the iPhone for those that don't know.

(2) Some type of screen protector.

(3) A new case or pouch that may fit that Mophie.

Last edited by a moderator: