"Must Have" accessories?

kwan

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
iSkin Cerulean RX Stereo Bluetooth Receiver connected to my car's iPod integration cable. Wireless solution to playing music from iPhone through car's speaker.
Only annoyance is having to go to Settings-Bluetooth and connect. For some reason it doesn't connect automatically like my handsfree bluetooth does.

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Nice list Indy, with pictures. As you said, each person's needs vary a great deal depending on each person's circumstances. I like your camera case. I use a holster that fits my 3GS with case and it is so handy especially when you need to have your hands free and have to put away the iPhone for awhile. A great choice with that Otterbox case too. I do have screen protectors especially now that I'm hearing some rumors about the oleophobic film rubbing off.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I think that the coating that Apple put on the screen was a good idea, but not with a lot of forethought. Unless it's 100% acid resistant, I don't see it lasting longer that a year before it start looking like crap. Acid and grease from both fingers and face/ears is going to eventually eat that coating. Like I said, nice thought but no thought about the long term. Plus, it still doesn't prevent scratches.
I'd rather have just glass and my choice of a screen protector.

Curko

Jul 5, 2009
I have a GT Yellow gelaskin case, Altec Lansing Dock, screen protector and that's it really! Might try some of the stuff you guys have mentioned too :)

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I think that the coating that Apple put on the screen was a good idea, but not with a lot of forethought. Unless it's 100% acid resistant, I don't see it lasting longer that a year before it start looking like crap. Acid and grease from both fingers and face/ears is going to eventually eat that coating. Like I said, nice thought but no thought about the long term. Plus, it still doesn't prevent scratches.
I'd rather have just glass and my choice of a screen protector.
I agree Hawk. I always wondered how Apple would keep a coating like that on permanently. I'm glad I put on a screen protector the day after I received my new 3GS.

glsda

Zealot
Gold
Oct 17, 2007
California
Hawk thanks for the zip lock bag idea. We live in the central valley of N. CA and we usually only get rain during the winter months. I just put a zip lock bag in my and my wife's car. I know know this will save some heart ache down the road.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
My Sister just joined the iPhone community, picking up a black 8GB 3G for $99.
I recommended that she get a case immediately, and she kind of scoffed at the idea of paying $35 for a piece of plastic.... Till she dropped it last night.
Thankfully, it was very light damage, a couple of dents in the plastic, but the bezel and buttons are all intact, but now she is ready to go to BestBuy and get a case. I also recommended a screen protector. She's actually listening this time. LOL