Must have downloads for new jailbroken iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by reginaalear, Mar 13, 2013.

1. reginaalear

reginaalear Member
    Bronze

I'm not sure if this is allowed or not so please let me know if it isn't. I just got my 4S jail broke yesterday. Are there any must haves? I'm new to this and have never done it before. Thanks in advance.

Sent using iCafe app

2. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

3. reginaalear

reginaalear Member
    Bronze

Thank you.

Sent using iCafe app

4. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

This forum is for almost anything iPad and iPhone and more! Being jailbroken is a LOT of fun and you will absolutely love it. Every time I jailbreak my iPhone, I find more apps and tweaks to install.

The first suggestions that I would give is Winterboard and SBSettings. Winterboard is used to activate themes that you have installed via Cydia. Also, tweaks are a lot of fun as you can change the iPhone to better suit your needs, such as adding color to your status bar, and change the looks of your icons. Also there are themes for your lock-screen as well as your homescreen. SBSettings is a must have in my opinion. You can swipe across your iPhone from top left to right and it gives you the ability to turn on or off WiFi, Airplane mode, adjust your brightness quickly, and much more. Addons can also be installed via Cydia.

When you open Cydia, click on "Featured," and it gives you pages such as "Tools to Start With." One that I use and many others use is Five Icon Dock. This allows you to fit an extra icon into your dock, which is awesome. Also f.lux will lower your iPhone brightness and color depending on the room you are in and the light. It has settings for nighttime and daytime. Activator allows you to set specific gestures to do and you can set what opens or occurs when you do this gesture on your iPhone. Such gestures are double tap on the status bar, for an example. For more, I would suggest for now to stay in the Featured section. This gives you instant access to suggestions such as icon customizations, typing enhancements and much more! When you do feel comfortable enough to search everything, if you aren't already, then you can venture out and view everything. For an example, if you want a duck theme, you can search exactly that and see what it comes up with. There are so many different apps and themes. Some themes are complete, meaning it changes your lockscreen, homescreen, and some of your icons. It is awesome!

There are so many other tweaks and apps you can install. As a piece of advice for you and others, make sure that the tweak or app that you install is compatible for your current iOS (Operating Software.) I am sure others will suggest more for you that they use.

5. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

6. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

It was an example. But, there are themes for almost anything. Animals, superheros and lots more! :)

7. Tattooed Alex

Tattooed Alex Genius
    Gold

SBsettings is a must have along with auxo and biteSMS.

8. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Most definitely. BiteSMS is amazing as it lets you respond to text messages or iMessages anywhere you are on the iPhone, even the lock screen.

Sent using iCafe app

9. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

1. BiteSMS
    2. Auxo or SBSettings (I just use Auxo)
    3. Activator
    4. iFile
    5. Springtomize 2 (I use a lot of separate tweaks to achieve the same results, but Springtomize 2 is just as good).

10. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

Just to clear any confusion here, Winterbord doesn't activate tweaks. Winterboard allows the user to apply themes to the iDevice. Tweaks are installed directly through Cydia or by SSH'ing the .deb onto the phone, then they are either configured through there respective app on the Springboard or via the Settings menu.

11. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Thanks. I really should read what I write before submitting.

Sent using iCafe app

12. reginaalear

reginaalear Member
    Bronze

Thanks everyone. I will try out some of the suggestions.

Sent using iCafe app