why is it that when you get your iPhone you must pay for the internet plan
like i have to pay 4 the unlimited internet O_o

i just want the texting plan
i don't even use the internet, i use wifi

Last edited by a moderator:

coolie

Bronze
Sep 18, 2007
Trust me, you want the unlimited internet. If you hit something accidentally that needed to use the internet, then they will charge you for it. They charged me 100 dollars for using 10mb, so i called them and they waived it.

flippen

Bronze
Dec 8, 2007
yes but i think its just a waste of money to pay for the edge internet and never use it

and the iPhone has wifi
so u don't really need 2 use the edge internet at all

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
i just don't see the point in having an iPhone if you aren't going to take advantage of having the internet wherever you go. Everything else seems trivial in comparison.

anyway, yes, i know he probably has his reasons. the purpose of my earlier post was to indirectly state my opinion on the matter... it wasn't intended to be taken literally.

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
First of all, you can cancel the unlimited service if you want.

B, wifi isn't everywhere your service is. If you ever have to travel outside of the city and need to use it, you're screwed. Also the unlimited Internet gives you the ability to use google maps in the car, which I LOVE.

And 4, it is only $20. I'm guessing that if you bought such an expensive phone that you could probably handle $20 more a month. If not, get the voyager. (I'm not meaning to be an ass, but I don't think you have to pay for unlimited with it)

Overall, my labeling system for my points/views failed.

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
i see that this can be an issue for people that don't use the internet but i use it so i donr know and coming from a BB plan this is cheep...