must have software for JB

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
SBSettings, Backgrounder, Winterboard, MxTube, CyDelete, Flashlight, RockApp w/ Elert and Tlert, Weather Icon, FontSwap, and Cycorder (V1 and 3G).

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
ha ditto, I always find I need it within about an hour of JB'ing.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
It's a way of accessing your iPhone's file system so you can make changes. If you're using a Mac, you can use something like Cyberduck. On Windows, I use WinSCP.

Jun 21, 2009
San Francisco-ish
SBSettings, Backgrounder, Winterboard, MxTube, CyDelete, Flashlight, RockApp w/ Elert and Tlert, Weather Icon, FontSwap, and Cycorder (V1 and 3G).
I got SBSettings, but now I'm not sure how to get it to work. I can't find the icon to get it goin. any clues?

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
sbsettings is probably my most used jailbreak feature. It used to be cycorder but the 3GS fixed that :)

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
"advanced gestures" - sorry Naps, could you explain what this actually does. Sorry for the noobness ;)

Jun 21, 2009
San Francisco-ish
I really hate to have so may questions, I'm quite the noob with this jail breaking businesss... but now that I've got OpenSSH and WinSCP, how do I make it all work?

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
"make it all work" really depends on what you want to achieve, however to first set up the pairing between your device and your computer you need to open winSCP and add a new pair. You will be asked some details:

the address is the IP address that your iPhone is connected to on wifi
the username (cant remember how its worded exactly) is root
the password is alpine

You will then be asked if you trust the certificate on the computer which you do, and it may take several minutes and "timeouts" but you should then see your iPhones file structure on your pc. You can navigate through your files and add / remove files as you see fit.

For info, you must keep your iPhone "awake" (screen on) whilst pairing as the iPhone drops the wifi signal when the screen is off.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
For info, you must keep your iPhone "awake" (screen on) whilst pairing as the iPhone drops the wifi signal when the screen is off.
That's why I've never bothered with SSH. You have to disable autolock (I know that's just a SBSetting toggle), but it only takes a second to plug it in and open iPhoneBrowser.

Jun 21, 2009
San Francisco-ish
"make it all work" really depends on what you want to achieve, however to first set up the pairing between your device and your computer you need to open winSCP and add a new pair. You will be asked some details:

the address is the IP address that your iPhone is connected to on wifi
the username (cant remember how its worded exactly) is root
the password is alpine

You will then be asked if you trust the certificate on the computer which you do, and it may take several minutes and "timeouts" but you should then see your iPhones file structure on your pc. You can navigate through your files and add / remove files as you see fit.

what if I can't get my wifi to work?