mxTube - Save YouTube on iPhone

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
I noticed this in the LOOOONG list of Recent Packages today. It may be old, I don't know, but I do know that it works.

You just search a video term, browse the results, and select what format you want to download, hi or lo. It saves the file to your iPhone for local viewing. I reckon you could just dump that mp4 into iTunes and convert it to an m4v without a hitch.

Its up on BigBoss' Respository.

mp4 format Videos are saved in:

/var/mobile/Media/MxTube

trexxcrap

Oct 12, 2007
I noticed this in the LOOOONG list of Recent Packages today. It may be old, I don't know, but I do know that it works.

You just search a video term, browse the results, and select what format you want to download, hi or lo. It saves the file to your iPhone for local viewing. I reckon you could just dump that mp4 into iTunes and convert it to an m4v without a hitch.

Its up on BigBoss' Respository.

/var/mobile/Media/MxTube
I noticed this as well its really really cool being able to download youtube videos ive been wanting this feature for a long time but the program it self is kinda on the buggy side sometimes when you wanna download a video it says it downloads and it really doesn't and wont play but other than that its so nice to have

jptolife

Silver
Jul 15, 2007
New York City
Ha! You beat me to it. This app is awesome! I love it. I think I'll be donating soon. :)

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Yeah its working out pretty well. I think there have only been 2 videos that didn't actually play. Additionally I queued up 5 videos and they all downloaded perfectly, pushing that to 6 however did cause my iPhone to freeze up :p I had to hold the power+home button to shut down and restart (fyi incase it happens to anyone else here).

Yeah, looks like theres a 10 spot headed the authors way, but this brings up an interesting thought... Do these authors log their donations and donators? The reason I ask is because I don't want to effectively pay for software twice. Once to be a paying beta tester, and once again to purchase the app as a sanctioned iTunes product.

amiroo79

Bronze
Nov 3, 2007
Southern California
So, can you also delete what you've downloaded after you watch it? Wouldn't want stuff staying on my phone. Especially large files.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
So, can you also delete what you've downloaded after you watch it? Wouldn't want stuff staying on my phone. Especially large files.
Yeah, in the Video tab, just look for the Edit button in the top right corner.

amiroo79

Bronze
Nov 3, 2007
Southern California
Cool. Just installed it and saw it.

The program crashed on its own the first time I did a search. But, seems to be working now. I put the Postal Service's Such Great Heights video. It was filmed at my work but they blur out the name in the beginning where he is walking down the hallway. But, you can see it briefly where they show him putting on his helmet right before the scene where they blur it out. :laugh2:

Now, only question is where it puts the videos. I know the programs/apps section is small and can fill up quickly. I hope it's putting them in the media directory. Anyone know?

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Cool. Just installed it and saw it.

The program crashed on its own the first time I did a search. But, seems to be working now. I put the Postal Service's Such Great Heights video. It was filmed at my work but they blur out the name in the beginning where he is walking down the hallway. But, you can see it briefly where they show him putting on his helmet right before the scene where they blur it out. :laugh2:

Now, only question is where it puts the videos. I know the programs/apps section is small and can fill up quickly. I hope it's putting them in the media directory. Anyone know?
voici, dans l'iPhone

/var/mobile/Media/MxTube

amiroo79

Bronze
Nov 3, 2007
Southern California
Sweet! So, this means we have plenty of room to put our videos in! I'll be donating to the developer for this one. I've been waiting for this for soo long now :)

irazorhead

Nov 6, 2007
whats the name of the app? is it MXTUBE?

mletang

Bronze
Jan 23, 2008
NYC
www.NYCpetforum.com
i installed mx tube and was able to download videos but they wont play for me. anyone have any ideas as to what i would have to do im on JB 1.1.3

update: nevermind, i must have downloaded some bad videos, its working fine now. awesome app.

jptolife

Silver
Jul 15, 2007
New York City
Yeah there are some videos that won't download for some reason. There was even one that downloaded and I played it, but when I tried playing it later it didn't play. Weird. But other than that this app is great.

Scottshotz

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007
if we can transfer "play flash" from youtube to this, it would be my permanent replacement for youtube

Scottshotz

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007
Anyone know any tips to keep videos from partially dowloading?(and especially restarting my iPhone by itself when it hits the final point of that incomplete file.)

Scottshotz

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007
Wifi's still unreliable but I'm mostly on edge