My 1000 post reveal, 3,800 posts late

Discussion in '1k Member Reveals' started by Europa, Nov 6, 2009.

1. mr.reggaeton72

Silver

ive prefer if you watch the last video first, as it was one of the first dominican videos ever...

this one was all of the dominican rappers in 1 song, this made the dominican rap a worldwide genre

and this is one of the new guys in the genre, MOZART LA PARAAA

hes the best at freestyling

ps, this is new dominican rap, like, when this came out, the dominican rap had its fame, ive been listening to this when it first came out, around 2003, i was of course, still in dominican republic,

this was one of the first videos that gave the dominican rap genre that spark it needed to become what it is today

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

It would help if I could understand it (or if Eminem joined in at some point). ;)
    It's not really my genre, but man, those guys have tons of talent!

3. mr.reggaeton72

Silver

yes, the guy in the first video is TOXIC CROW, hes my favorite, ive been listening to him since he first came out, around 2005, then in that same video, its LAPIZ CONCIENTE, he was the first to travel to another country, he calls himself the best in dominican rap which is not true,

my favorite video is the last one, LAPIZ CONCIENTE Y JOA, CALLE ES CALLE

lapiz conciente
    joa
    toxic crow
    vakero(hes the first to sing in the 3rd video)

these 4 guys were the first to sing dominican rap,

its pretty hard to understand them if your not dominican, because they, obviously, write there lyrics in dominican slang langauge,

rigth now, internationally, the dominican rap genre is been heard all around europe, dominican republic, and some parts of latin america and in new york,

there is a whole bunch of new artist like

black point
    mozart la para
    tori nash
    el pope
    sr.joseph
    villano sam
    bethoven villaman
    milka la mas dura
    la material
    danny punto rojo
    Nipo

and a whole bunch more that are collaborating in making the dominican rap genre worldwide

but then again, the first four that i mentioned above are the top ones, for example, Vakero, was the first to take the dominican rap into the hard rock cafe, TELEMUNDO, UNIVISION, and other places

toxic crow was the one who gave the boost for dominican rap to be heard in europe,

lapiz conciente was the one who made dominican rap be heard in US

and joa was the first dominican rap artist to be at the latin grammy awards

if you want, i can keep explaining a lot more about the dominican rap, cause theres a lot to be known of this genre

4. KabaModern

KabaModern Zealot
    Gold

Good information, by the way. I know a bit of Spanish so I can pick up some of the words, but the slang is difficult in any culture if you're not from the area of origin.

5. mr.reggaeton72

Silver

yes, it is very difficult, but for example, the last video, shows pure dominican slang, this was when it first came out,

and on 2007, toxic crow, made a statement, that dominican rappers, should change there lyrics, from dominican slang, to normal spanish, because when dominican rap started, people from colombia, chile, and all of those other places, didn't understand our lyrics, so he said that we should change our lyrics a little more, just enough for other people in other countries could understand it, and by that means, the dominican rap genre grow more, a good example of this is the first video

6. Youngbinks

Youngbinks Zealot
    Gold

Great reveal Mindi! I can't believe it took me this long to find this. How did you like Japan? Do you ever go back? I've been wanting to go to Tokyo for a while now and I'll hopefully be making it over there soon.

7. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Thanks. I loved it! I did a lot of scuba diving and visited Thailand and South Korea while I was there in the early 90's. I haven't been back since, but I hope to visit again someday.

8. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I intended to learn to scuba dive when I was in the Philippines, but I never did. I tend to do stupid stuff like that.

I was in Scotland one day, and my roomie asked if I wanted to visit Loch Ness with him that day. I replied, "Naw, I think I'll stay around here today."

What an idiot. Missed opportunities...

9. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I kind of feel the same about Barringer Meteor Crater. All these years I've been so close to it, yet I've never actually gone there. I'm definitely going to check it out someday.

What's the closest you ever got to Mt. Pinatubo?

There are several extinct volcanoes about 15 or so miles from my house. I've climbed to the top of one of them a few times.

#29 Europa, Nov 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2013
  10. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I saw Mt. Pinatubo every day. It wasn't very far away at all.

It looks as if this shot was taken from Clark AB in the Philippines, where I was stationed:

[​IMG]

11. connie

connie Evangelist
    Gold

I understood most of it, I'm Cuban and it's a close to some cuban slang.

12. mr.reggaeton72

Silver

i don't think, that the dominican slang and the cuban slang is in any way close, or even familiar, its my opinion, where do you see the similarity ?

13. computerfox

computerfox Zealot
    Gold

:D

now i understand why naps likes you so much :D

great read nurse mindi. now i know who to go to if i get sick or get an injury :)

which might be more than usual :D

14. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

What took you so long to find this, fox?

15. computerfox

computerfox Zealot
    Gold

i was busy "spamming" the OT lol i'm sowy. not to seem like i wasn't interested in my darling girl.

am i in trouble?

16. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Nope, it's all good. I was just curious. :)

17. computerfox

computerfox Zealot
    Gold

oh hehe :D then in that case, yeah, i was slow on the uptake :D

18. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I'm also a double agent and a ninja assassin 4 days a week. I neglected to mention that earlier.

19. computerfox

computerfox Zealot
    Gold

sweet! can i join the assassins? pweeezeeee! i'm pretty good with a bowstaff and i'm flexible :D

20. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Well...
    O
    k
    a
    y
    !