My 3G does better than my 3GS

Sep 2, 2007
Ok so i finally got the 3gs...But have problems with wifi and gps. My 3g gets full bars on wifi sitting next to router my 3gs gets one or two. Installed navigon on both. Driving 3g picks up gps no prob. 3gs the program always wants to go into simulation mode and never finds gps, but if i reboot 3gs it will usually finds the gps...Is it just me or anybody else see that there 3g works better with wifi and gps. Maybe i need to see if i can exchange the 3gs. Any thoughts?

Cjvdh

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2009
York, PA
www.twitter.com
I don't I have had all 3 iPhone's and my 3GS is by far the BEST! I get all bars anywhere in my house on Wifi I don't know about navicon because I don't use GPS but i am 100% satisfied with my new iPhone. You might wanna try and make an appointment at Apple and talk to them about it.

eplchamps0304

Bronze
Feb 24, 2009
Ok so i finally got the 3gs...But have problems with wifi and gps. My 3g gets full bars on wifi sitting next to router my 3gs gets one or two. Installed navigon on both. Driving 3g picks up gps no prob. 3gs the program always wants to go into simulation mode and never finds gps, but if i reboot 3gs it will usually finds the gps...Is it just me or anybody else see that there 3g works better with wifi and gps. Maybe i need to see if i can exchange the 3gs. Any thoughts?
I agree with you on the wifi issues on the 3gs. My 3gs wifi signal keeps fluctuating so much that I no longer use wifi. Right now my data usage is 6gb with 10 days left in my billing cycle.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
That's a known issue. Hopefully, the 3.1 update will fix it. For now, try resetting your network settings on the phone.

Kuntry

Bronze
Mar 26, 2009
Las Vegas
My wife and I both have 3GSs and mine works great. No WiFi issues or anything, my wife's on the other hand drops wifi all the time and just seems all around glitchy. One example, we both play Live Poker by Zynga on our phones on the same connection at the same time. Every couple of hands, she gets a network error message and times out (She swears every time this happens, she had a winning hand and was about to "clean everybody out").:sneaky: I've never seen this message on my phone ever. I have restored her phone from DFU mode 3 times and reset network settings yet still the same problems. I wouldn't completely rule out hardware issues just yet.

Cjvdh

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2009
York, PA
www.twitter.com
That's a known issue. Hopefully, the 3.1 update will fix it. For now, try resetting your network settings on the phone.
Yeah hopefully this will fix the apps showing diffrent apps aswell. Happens to me at least once a week.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I fixed it a long time ago by restoring as a new phone. It sounds a little drastic, but the problem has never come back.

Kuntry

Bronze
Mar 26, 2009
Las Vegas
^^+1 set up as new and haven't had the app icon shuffle since.