My 3G Speeds

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
This is what I got this morning, when running a speed test. You can see in the top left had corrner, I am not running on WiFi. I live in Los Angeles and the test was done in Pasadena.

Yeah, Pasadena, where ya at! Wesside!

1.jpg

aenti

Zealot
Gold
Jul 8, 2008
Maryland
Great speeds! I love how it says "we think you are on wifi" Lol!

juzcallmeg0d

Bronze
Jun 13, 2008
ive got you beat! im in Waukegan, IL which is about 30 minutes north of Chicago!

http://forums.everythingicafe.com/data/MetaMirrorCache/iPhone 4.photobucket.com_albums_y113_juzcallmeg0d_photo.jpg

erhalt1

Bronze
Jul 10, 2008
where are you guys finding this app at? I downloaded the app but I don't see the speed test. thanks so much

Eric
Duhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I figured it out i am getting .71 it is so sorry, on wifi.

how are you showing the pics on the blog?

I promise no more stupid questions.

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
I think the speeds on testmyiPhone.com are exaggerated. I believe dslreports.com iPhone test is more accurate.

juzcallmeg0d

Bronze
Jun 13, 2008
I think the speeds on testmyiPhone.com are exaggerated. I believe dslreports.com iPhone test is more accurate.
doubt it, because i just tested it on EDGE and my speed was absolutely terrible.

miggs1310

Bronze
Jul 29, 2008
3g

2.12 Mbps (2119 kbps / 259 kb/s)
transferred 1536 kb in 5.9 seconds.

latency: 321ms

Dallas, TX

The first test results said the file was too small and had to run again with a bigger file.

Tex

Silver
Jul 15, 2008
Philly
Here is my speed on Wifi:

Here is my speed on 3G (in my apartment with 1 Bar!):

Tex

Silver
Jul 15, 2008
Philly
Here is my EDGE speed.....Wow...I have not done this test before myself....the difference here speaks volumes:

Tex

Silver
Jul 15, 2008
Philly
Duhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I figured it out i am getting .71 it is so sorry, on wifi.

how are you showing the pics on the blog?

I promise no more stupid questions.
Take a screen shot (hld the power button, and tap the home button...screen will take a pic and send to your pics folder).

I then email to myself, upload to photobucket, and paste the URL in here using the Picture tool in above the reply box.

juzcallmeg0d

Bronze
Jun 13, 2008
Here is my EDGE speed.....Wow...I have not done this test before myself....the difference here speaks volumes:

yep, REALLY shows how great it is to have 3G :)

remember before the 3G came out? and lots of people were saying how 3G wasn't worth it because it was only 2 times the speed of EDGE? lol

but yes, my edge speeds were right about the same as yours. i think around .16Mbps

cpolaris502

Bronze
Nov 15, 2007
Rogers, MN
Take a screen shot (hld the power button, and tap the home button...screen will take a pic and send to your pics folder).

I then email to myself, upload to photobucket, and paste the URL in here using the Picture tool in above the reply box.
did you know that you can email pictures directly to photobucket to upload? its right where you select which file to upload, theres a mobile option which give you an email add.

Tex

Silver
Jul 15, 2008
Philly
did you know that you can email pictures directly to photobucket to upload? its right where you select which file to upload, theres a mobile option which give you an email add.
No, I didn't......tell me more detail, as I do not seem to be able to find it.

juzcallmeg0d

Bronze
Jun 13, 2008
No, I didn't......tell me more detail, as I do not seem to be able to find it.
go to photobucket, in the upload box, there are options for where ud like to upload from. there is a "mobile phone" option. click it and it will give u the e-mail address to send the picture to so it will automatically upload to your account.

(i actually just found this out while posting my first post in this thread :p )