my 5S won't receive all calls

Discussion in 'iPhone 5S' started by cadman33619, Nov 11, 2014.

1. cadman33619

cadman33619 New Member

my 5s only receives some oncoming calls. i have been testing from different phones/locations. Most times when someone calls they hear 1 ring then it goes directly to voicemail. On my end...the phone does not ring at all and shows no missed calls. yesterday my wife tried calling me all day and my phone never rang (no necessarily a bad thing) but today she can call me with no problem....however, today i have been using my work desk phone to call my iphone (as a test) but my iphone does not ring at all. on my desk phone all i hear is 1 ring then right to voicemail.

been testing texts also. Most are coming in pretty late, but some are just fine. I know that could be a network traffic or cell signal issue.

i found articles on how to troubleshoot these issues but nothing works.

any ideas?

thanks

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Go into the settings app and reset your network settings.

Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings

3. cadman33619

cadman33619 New Member

tried it but no luck.

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Have you tried a new SIM card, resetting all settings or restoring? Does it happen when your signal strength is good when you aren't in a building?

5. cadman33619

cadman33619 New Member

have not tried a new sim card...i'll work on that. happens with strong or weak signal. regardless of in/outdoors.

6. xman

xman Member
    Bronze

My 5s only rings 3 times then goes to voicemail What's up with that

7. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

It's ringing for the caller more times than it is for you. I've experienced the same things to times. I'll answer the call immediately, but they say it rang several times and took me a long time to answer. I'm not sure what you can do about it. It's the network. You could try restarting your network settings.