My 8gb only showing 265mb after trying to jailbreak

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

mane3215

Jul 1, 2007
Hey guys, I have been trying to set my phone up to tether, and haven't been able to do it. I have hit a few speed bumps along the way, though nothing serious and still don't have it working =).

So, I figure I would go to general settings and erase all data and try to restore and start fresh on the tethering thing.

It too me two times to get my contacts off the phone, and now when I try to re-sync, though I only have maybe 35 songs there isn't enough space. Its saying that 166mn is taken up by "other" and I only have 99mb left to put stuff.

Im a bit nervous so could someone please help me?

BTW my phone is showing that it has a 7.3 gb capacity and 7.3 gb free.

Thanks Ahead!

sickmunkeyz

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
i forget what .plist file you have to replace to fix that. but you should look at other post with others who have this problem.

mane3215

Jul 1, 2007
t

i forget what .plist file you have to replace to fix that. but you should look at other post with others who have this problem.
Thanks, I did a search but didn't see anything. I will try to make it more specific. Glad to see its a problem that is easily fixed!

mcatt66

Jul 18, 2007
Cant get the search function to turn up anything, have any pointers?
happened to me a couple of times. . .and I just restored my phone and all was well .. .just make sure u synced your phone recently or u will lose your contacts and other stuff

mane3215

Jul 1, 2007
happened to me a couple of times. . .and I just restored my phone and all was well .. .just make sure u synced your phone recently or u will lose your contacts and other stuff
Thanks, thats what I am trying, but its keeps telling me there is not enough room for my iTunes music while re-storing =(.

jptolife

Silver
Jul 15, 2007
New York City
Thanks, thats what I am trying, but its keeps telling me there is not enough room for my iTunes music while re-storing =(.
What you have to do is place the Services.plist file back into your phone. That should do it. I forgot where exactly it goes but you should find it in the tutorial for the ringtones.