My Aim Icon(s) - Ditching the Space Ducks

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Edit - Added 57x60 iconsfor Aim and Aim Express

I had to make some icons for Aim, whatever your poison they're both way-out-there, a duck or a spaceship... In any case, I whipped this up to save my springboard from looking riduckulous.

Different sizes for different folks:

64x64

57x60

And now the Aim Express Icon (I don't really like the little guy but some people do)

57x60

I've got another with the little AimExpress guy, but I just found out my icon template wasn't the correct size. I had to remake my own from sratch in the process of making this icon. Anyway, I've got to remake that little aim-guy over again because the icons are now bigger and he's kinda just floatin there all lonely. I'll edit with the addition in a bit!

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Perhaps I'll tweak it a bit to better match the others around it. It appears that every icon on the springboard are at different sizes. This includes those made by Apple, look how small the YouTube icon is.

:T

I'll put up another version I guess.

aaa

Aug 22, 2007
Perhaps I'll tweak it a bit to better match the others around it. It appears that every icon on the springboard are at different sizes. This includes those made by Apple, look how small the YouTube icon is.

:T

I'll put up another version I guess.

I scaled it down to 59x60 and it looks perfect

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
I scaled it down to 59x60 and it looks perfect
I did a pixel by pixel measurement of the Phone icon and it was 57x60. The icon itself is 57x57, with 3 extra pixel height for the drop shadow.

I've recreated the aim icon at those dimensions, and as well as adding the aim express icon.

Check the top post to see the size difference.

Last edited by a moderator: