My Apple Store experience

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Iloveiphones, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum

Today I went to the Apple store, to see about my sister and I's wifi issue. We had an appointment for 12:50, and arrived 20 minutes early and checked in via the Apple store app. Well apparently that doesn't work, you have to do that and log in physically. So our appointment got canceled, but got rescheduled for 40 minutes later. They were running behind so we didn't get in until 1:45, 10 minutes behind. So we tell him the problem with my sisters phone and he says its a problem with our wifi, that we may be overloading it and he suggests an airport express. We opted no.

We get to my phone, I go over and tell him the same, pleading its not an iOS issue and an actual hardware issue,and I'm not really sure where that conversation went as he kinda just brushed it off and went to my battery issue. He did something really weird and cool, and did something by going into safari and entering my serial number and one other number to hook my iPhone up to his logistics on his iPad and such. It was cool. So he tells me he will be right back to perform some more tests (don't forget he checked for water!) and cam back and says he is replacing the phone because for the time he had it which was about 5 minutes by battery dropped 3%, so he went and got the phone, and told me that I will need to install iOS on the new phone before I can restore from backup, takes out the sim and puts it into the new phone. Puts the new phone and gives me the old phone and tells me there I go. I didn't know it was the old one either! So we get onto the road and I notice it has the same scratch marks as my old one, but I don't do nothing. Then I notice the same scratches on the silver band, and that's when I start hunting for a paper clip in the car and see that there was no sim, after seeing the phone saying no sim!

So I tell my mom and we go to our next store then go back there. I get ahead of my mom as she was furious and really ticked to tell the guy I was just here and they gave me my old phone instead of a new phone. He says "Oh gee!" And asks me who we were helped and I said, chad. They he starts going over the radio saying "Chad, I need you up to point a ASAP, chad I need you up here ASAP, and then every 5 seconds he says "chad". Finally after 30 seconds of trying he goes up to mike who is another genius and says we need helped right away, and he comes over and shakes our hand and then goes off to finish assisting the other customer. He comes and asks for the last name and goes and get the phone, and says that he has never seen this happen before and he'd worked here for a long time. He then tells me I can stay and active the phone and restore everything in the store, or I can go home and do it.

What A day!

2. Tattooed Alex

Tattooed Alex Genius
    Gold

Not a good experience, but at least it ended well. What are you guys doing abut the WiFi issues?

3. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum

We called our ISP, Frontier, and they fixed it. I had set our router channel to 8 and he said change it to 11 and it worked!

4. Tattooed Alex

Tattooed Alex Genius
    Gold

Was today the first chance you've had to use the 5 at the Apple Store? Are you on pins and needles waiting for AT&T to ship your 5?

5. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum

No, I had used one at best buy, but there they had the device locked down. The thing is so light! For some reason, my mind is tricking in my brain into thinking my 4S is a 5.

Today I checked the order status, as I haven't in days, but it still says pending. My sister already got her 4 on Friday. But yes, I am on pins and needles!