My apps keep moving

Discussion in 'iPhone 4S' started by topcat84, Jan 17, 2012.

1. topcat84

topcat84 Contributor
    Bronze

Hi Everyone,
    For some reason, every time I reboot or turn my phone off completely, the apps on the following pages move back one page. I have my first page empty with the dock at the bottom and when I shut it down, the apps on the second page returns to the first page. I can't figure out why this happens. It's only when I turn the phone off. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Cheers !

2. Michmeister

Michmeister Member
    Bronze

That's the phones design why wouldn't you want apps on screen when opened that's nuts!

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

3. fury

fury Evangelist
    Gold

You're welcome! [​IMG]

I think it's a bug that you can leave the first page of the home screen empty in the first place, and thus the phone recovers from it on reboot. Every other page automatically disappears when you empty it in wiggle mode. Apple has never supported leaving a home screen empty, as far as I know.

The issue is that the phone erases a page that is intentionally made empty. When you do this trick, the apps are still "on screen", just starting from the second page instead of the first (which means you get the full view of the wallpaper on the first page).

#3 fury, Jan 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2014
  4. topcat84

topcat84 Contributor
    Bronze

Thanks for the reply, fury. That makes sense to me ! Cheers !

5. gotzaiPhone

gotzaiPhone Zealot
    Gold

I know what you're talking about. On iOS 4.x you could leave the first screen blank and even after a reboot, it would stay blank. I talked to a dev friend of mine and the best he can think of is that it was a bug in iOS 4.x that was somewhat corrected in iOS 5.x.

I personally miss it. I liked having a clean home screen with folders in the dock of the important apps. Too bad someone out there can't make a website with a clear springboard icon link. You might accidentally start safari, but at least that clear icon would hold the home screen in place.

6. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Maybe they have a wallpaper of their husband or wife they'd rather look at. Which probably suggests newlyweds, but hey, it's possible!

Sent from my alphanumeric pager.

7. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

We did in fact all answer at once. Which made the forum software crash and all our initial replies get lost!

But seriously, would you settle for having one app on the first homescreen, maybe a flashlight app or something that would just beg to be on the first homescreen?

Sent from my alphanumeric pager.

#7 Rafagon, Jan 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2014
  8. Big Rub

Big Rub New Member

All...looks like this was fixed in the 5.1 update.....YAHOOOOOOOOOO!