My bad luck has returned!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

IllusionEntity

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 3, 2010
Borough Green, Kent, UK
I am getting a replacement iPhone 4S! Yay.. My earpiece is shot. It has a really bad crackle to it when I am on a phone call.. Have restored, no change. It sounds as if the earpiece speaker has blown. It's awful. My luck eh?

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
It happens unfortunately. I've exchanged every single iPhone to date. Usually because of dead-pixels (older iPhones) and home buttons. Hopefully your new one will work better. I'm keeping my iPhone 4 for now.

GailLA

Contributor
Bronze
Nov 13, 2007
Northern IL
I feel for you. This is the first time I needed a replacement and I've only been home a few hours with the replacement phone.

I got my32GB 4S on Tuesday, but after I got home with it, I discovered it had a faulty back camera. It took me about 2 days to test and figure out that the camera just wasn't focusing. So I made an appointment yesterday and took it to the Genius Bar today. After the resident genius checked it out, the phone was exchanged for a brand new replacement phone. I'd never had to use the Genius Bar before, but is was a totally awesome experience. Because of the exchange I needed a little extra care and got it. This was in spite of the store being very busy today. Kudos to the staff at the Roseville store. I couldn't be more pleased with the service I received.

I love my 4S. Because of the replacement, I've done the cloud restore and the 5.0.1 update 2x now. The restore takes a little time, especially with all the apps I have, but it works great. I love Siri, the camera and all the rest of the 4S goodness.

BTW, around here you can get most flavors of the 4S most days, but there are still lines and you need to reserve the night before -- the closer to 9 pm the better. (The line to get my phone on Tuesday with a reservation was 45 minutes. Today with the holiday the line looked to be more about 2+ hours with reservations).