My biggest irritation

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by talon90, Sep 12, 2012.

1. talon90

talon90 Contributor
    Bronze

I'm thrilled about the new iPhone 5. I'm upgrading from a 4s and I still see this as a major improvement. I'm happy with the form factor and the features and looking very forward to the new iOS features on the faster processor. What I'm borderline pissed about is the $30.00 for the dock connector adapter. Heck, the majority of the tooling is even all ready in place since it appears to share size and shape with the other cables and connectors. $30.00 for an adapter that is made in China, has maybe $3.00 in labor and materials and is critical to adaptation and function with years of accumulated docks, chargers and accessories is in my opinion, down right thievery.

Gosh, give us early adapters a break if we buy them with the phone or something.

2. Mommy

Mommy Zealot
    Gold

I totally agree! Question though, will the new iPod have the 30 pin or this new lighting one? I didn't hear that part. Thanks!

3. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

I'm not worried about the adapter. eBay will be flooded with them for around $5 or less. From China of course.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

I believe the new iPods will utilize lightning.

5. talon90

talon90 Contributor
    Bronze

It also has the new dock connector.

6. Mommy

Mommy Zealot
    Gold

Thank you both... Not happy now.

7. talon90

talon90 Contributor
    Bronze

The $30.00 has now moved to my second biggest irritation. The asterisk on the Apple store page for the adapter that states video and iPod out not supported has moved in to first place in the irritation department. My preorder is officially cancelled until I get this cleared up and confirmed that I'll be able to use this with the audio system in my car and my Bose sound dock.

8. Booyow1204

Booyow1204 Contributor
    Silver

It should work I hope. The keynote showed the adapter being used to fit cars that have the 30-pin. They even showed it being used in a car on the presentation. Maybe there'll be more clarification on what they mean by IPod out/video out.