My Bose Sound Dock and the new iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by Flyingstar, Sep 6, 2012.

1. Flyingstar

Flyingstar Member
    Bronze

I am so pissed that Apple changed the connector on the new iPhone5 now it won't dock with my (expensive) Bose sound dock. sure there will be an adapter but the phone will not sit in the dock the way it should! GRRRRRRR!

2. kenwolf

kenwolf New Member

Couldn't agree more. Plus I have a built in cradle for my car, battery extenders the list goes on and on.

3. Muckcityjustin

Gold

This was bound to happen sooner or later. It sucks yes but Apple can't keep the iPhone the same forever. I will also get screwed with a few things since the change over. But the way I see it is I will sell my stuff I can not use any longer or just hand it down to my daughter. It's basically a double edged sword. If they never changed we would be upset. It's like any other electronic device, after time something newer and better comes out making the old one "useless" to us. Bummer? yes. But also exciting for newer technologies IMO

4. Flyingstar

Flyingstar Member
    Bronze

There was nothing wrong with the existing connector. Seems like they changed it to produce sales of adapters and "new" docks, chargers etc.

5. VOLS34

VOLS34 Zealot
    Gold

They did it to make room.

6. Flyingstar

Flyingstar Member
    Bronze

Unless there is some wondereful,great advancement of the "5" I will be keeping my 4S for a while

7. Flyingstar

Flyingstar Member
    Bronze

make romm for what?

8. Flyingstar

Flyingstar Member
    Bronze

9. Santa

Santa Evangelist
    Gold

Agreed. Smaller/thinner phones: need a smaller connector. But why stay proprietary?

10. Flyingstar

Flyingstar Member
    Bronze

Well we KNOW why they stay proprietary.$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

11. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

SO you did not get an airplay or bluetooth speaker ? Well there will be converters

12. chazm

chazm Contributor
    Silver

My stereo box has my iPod nano in it that I got from the recall last year so I'm good

13. Mommy

Mommy Zealot
    Gold

Best buy had $100.00 off the sound dock 10 last week. I think it means another one is comming out n it will have the connector for the iPhone 5. I was going to get the 10 but glad I am going to wait. I want one so bad though! They never go on sale!