My Chicago Trip 2011

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
Hey guys. It's always a special treat to go to Chicago, so it deserves a thread. Any crap given to me won't be treated nicely, as there's so many 4S threads. Anyways, we just ordered the tickets. We are taking the Amsmacker (Amtrak) up there. We leave at 7:59am and arrive at Union Station at 10:00am exactly. We depart at 7:00pm and arrive home at 8:41pm. Oh yeah....I'm proclaiming all of these times, I guess I better tell a date. We are going on Saturday, October 22nd, 2011. We are going to the Apple store on N Michigan Ave, tried going to Lincoln Park but no. Now. I know this may seem insignificant to many of you, but it isn't every day I'm at an Apple Store. It's my 2nd time this year and the 1st one wasn't really that special. And this is the 1st time this year I'm going to the great city of Chicago. My sister is going to the American Girl store for her birthday. I'm sure we will be visiting other stores in the Water Tower place. I will be posting updates on my location and pictures on that day. That's if, if I can get signal. Buried under 8 stories of pure iron and concrete along with a very congested tower. I will be trying out the iPhone 4S, I'll own that iPhone for probably 30 minutes. Lol. I hope there isn't any Steve Jobs memorial left, as the sidewalks are busy and I'd want to stop and stare and take pictures. I better bring my wallet too, as I'm hoping to make some purchases. The store is huge! The entire upstairs is genius. 2 display tables for iPhones, 1 for touches, and 1 for the rest. The sides of the store is filled with Macs. I hope I can bring my iPad, but probably not. Anyone live in Chicago here? Anything else fun to do near N Michigan Ave as we are walking it all! Except from U.S. to Water Tower place. I hope the staff there haven't changed. They were super helpful. And this is a short week! Time will go quicker! No school Friday and early dismissal on Tuesday and Thursday.

This will all happen IF my great grandfather doesn't die. If he dies this week there won't be a trip most likely. Then they are thinking my great grandma will go too soon. Die of broken heart. They were meant for each other, lived with each other there entire lives. Truly sad. Hang in there, please!

Have a great Sunday. :)

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Always good when within the first two sentences of a post you state that, "Any crap given to me won't be treated nicely".
Kind of sets the pace for the rest... If anyone else reads past this first 2 sentences. Just my opinion.
Hope gramps does better and you enjoy your trip

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
Always good when within the first two sentences of a post you state that, "Any crap given to me won't be treated nicely".
Kind of sets the pace for the rest... If anyone else reads past this first 2 sentences. Just my opinion.
You gave him what he wanted.

Oct 24, 2010
Denver, CO
I hope your grandfather gets better Mac, but if he is in a lot of pain and his quality of life diminishes he may chose to give up and you need to respect his wishes and love him for all that he gave in his life. Easier said than done when a loved one passes so be strong for your grandmother. Take care Mac and enjoy your trip to Chicago. I haven't been out there in about 8 years so I couldn't tell you what you can do out there.

Sent from my iPad using iCafe app

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
Well, I have to let you guys know. I didn't want anyone to say anything like "This thread isn't needed you coulda just posted in the WAYD" or "I thought you were leaving."

And thanks. :p

Tarek: Thanks as well.

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
I hope your grandfather gets better Mac, but if he is in a lot of pain and his quality of life diminishes he may chose to give up and you need to respect his wishes and love him for all that he gave in his life. Easier said than done when a loved one passes so be strong for your grandmother. Take care Mac and enjoy your trip to Chicago. I haven't been out there in about 8 years so I couldn't tell you what you can do out there.

Sent from my iPad using iCafe app
Thanks, I'm just hoping he goes next week.

I'm afraid he may not be with us on earth cause my mon called and said she was leaving work and going to see him and she was crying- Says my sister.

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
Have a safe trip and enjoy the Apple store! Were you able to bring your iPad? Seems it could come in handy on a train ride.

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
Have a safe trip and enjoy the Apple store! Were you able to bring your iPad? Seems it could come in handy on a train ride.
Thanks! I cant wait to try out the 4S. No I didn't bring my iPad, I'd like too, but we didn't bring any bags except my moms purse. Plus, being in Chicago you never know. She didn't let me bring a charger. Just me and my iPhone!

_________
We are in a major delay of about 15 minutes.

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
I guess not, 15 minutes less in Chicago, is 15 minutes less with Siri! :D

Got back from the cafe car. Walking On the train is fun! I saw many goodies, iPhones, iPads, laptops, MBP's.

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
What ticks me off is there's 3 Victoria Secrets in the Watertower place but only 1 Apple store near this place! I know a girl has to have her lingerie but a guy has to have his electronic fix!

Grrrr getting low on battery!