My Clear Protection Solution

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

thedwp

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
After much research and careful consideration I have FINALLY decided on a protection plan for my phone. For the screen I chose the Chrystal cover from Apple..it has the smoothest feel, the closest to the real screen and it was SOOOO easy to install. And for the back and sides I went with Bodyguardz. It has a more rubbery feel to keep the phone from slipping out of my hand. It was a pretty easy install but took some real patients to get the corners right. Nice and clear and seems like good protection on the backside. I don't think the Bodygardz front cover would feel nice and slick like the Chrystal.

I'm no longer afraid of sitting this thing down, front or back.

PoloJag

Jul 24, 2007
After much research and careful consideration I have FINALLY decided on a protection plan for my phone. For the screen I chose the Chrystal cover from Apple..it has the smoothest feel, the closest to the real screen and it was SOOOO easy to install. And for the back and sides I went with Bodyguardz. It has a more rubbery feel to keep the phone from slipping out of my hand. It was a pretty easy install but took some real patients to get the corners right. Nice and clear and seems like good protection on the backside. I don't think the Bodygardz front cover would feel nice and slick like the Chrystal.

I am actually going to do something pretty much the same as you did, but with different brands of products. I put a Martin Fields screen protector on the front of my iPhone, which is very similar to the iCrystal. It was a breeze to put on and can come off for cleaning and be put back on. I am not a big fan of cases so I decided to get a Best Skins Ever for rear protection and protection for the chrome bezel. It just came in earlier today, but I have not had a chance to put it on. I think this setup will be best for me though.

nioted

Jul 21, 2007

I have the same setup except I use best skins ever. I originally had BSE for the front but just didn't like the feel after a while and went back to crystal

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD

I'm pretty close to what you're doing.currently, I have the complete Bodyguardz kit installed, but I went by the Apple store last week and picked up a couple of the Crystal screen covers. I'll try to put one of them on later this week if I can. The Bodyguardz screen protector is actually pretty decent, but it is a bit sticky, especially when using the thumb-and-finger resize technique.

Do the edges of the Crystal covers stay down pretty well?

tmorse

Jul 19, 2007
Could any of you take photos to show me your setups on your phones? I'm just curious what they look and it will help me a lot in my decisions to see what the final setups look like. Thanks!

177ike

Jul 21, 2007
I put Best Skins Ever on after using an inCase with iCrystal screen protector. Hated the inCase because it scratches the chrome bezel... Exchanged the scratched phone for a new one and didn't touch it until my Best Skins came in. Installed the whole set of skins including screen skin and love it. Protection is excellent and feel is superb for the body. I like the skin cover more than the icrystal static cling type protectors because you don't have to worry about smudges anymore as they are not visible with the skins. Seemed like the icrytal looked great for the split second right after it was cleaned, but then smudged right back up. I also think the skins might help me type more accurate as that bit of grippiness gives me a better feel for the virtual keyboard.

-Mike

brinky

Bronze
Jul 24, 2007
Atlanta, Ga
I have never been a fan of cases or skinks as they tend to add too much bulk to the phone. I have learned just to keep my cell phone in a pocket all by it self and have never had issues of any of my many phones getting scratched. I did go with the Crystal screen protector I got at the Apple store and really like it. It is very hard to notice it is on and hasn't effected the touch screen at all. Only issue is, and i have had this issue with every screen proctector I have ever used so that more or less makes it my issue. Is I never get it right the first time. Either bubbles that I can't get out or usually a speck of dust or cat hair that gets under the proctector and screws it up. So I learned over the years to just double up on them, so I have a few to practice with.

thedwp

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
I'm pretty close to what you're doing.currently, I have the complete Bodyguardz kit installed, but I went by the Apple store last week and picked up a couple of the Crystal screen covers. I'll try to put one of them on later this week if I can. The Bodyguardz screen protector is actually pretty decent, but it is a bit sticky, especially when using the thumb-and-finger resize technique.

Do the edges of the Crystal covers stay down pretty well?
Yes, the edges stay down perfectly.

jeepshots

Bronze
Jul 10, 2007

AHHHHH CRAP! No true Apple store here in Arkansas (probably 'cause the whole state is third tier marketing level). We got the store-within-a-store at the CompUSA, but they don't have any iPhone accessories yet. They can't even sell the iPhone. I just visited the Apple.com on-line store, and they don't list the Crystal protectors. I've got the InvisibleShield on mine - works great, except it's slightly tacky. LOVE it for the back protection - phone doesn't slip out of my hand, and it still looks naked. Problem is the screen protector is just as tacky. Finger doesn't slide across, it chatters if I'm not careful. So, I'm after the Crystal protector. Any website/online store that carries it? Or do they have a website? What's the manufacturer's name?

Just wanting that superslick teflon plastic stuff on the front....

EDIT: Oooo wait - is this the Crystal protector ya'll have?
http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wa/RSLID?mco=6C04E0B8&nplm=TN612LL/A

funkeruski

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
I just received two of the crystal covers. I couldn't get them put on without lint/dust under or air bubbles. One is destroyed, the other I have rinsed and am trying to dry without any lint/dust. Is there a secret to applying these?