My contacts keep getting deleted?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Iphone 816, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Iphone 816

Iphone 816 New Member

I had my phone replaced last weekend and now every time I sync to my pc it deletes my contacts. It never had an issue with my old iPhone why is it doing this.

In iTunes when my phone is plugged in I don't have any of the sync boxes checked which is how I had it when I used my old iPhone. So why now it keeps deleting them.

2. verwon

verwon Evangelist
    Gold

Do you have the setting checked to override the phone with what's in the computer? If so, and the contacts list isn't in your computer, it's going to keep doing that.

3. Iphone 816

Iphone 816 New Member

where is that setting? Is it a setting in iTunes or on my phone? I never changed anything on the pc from the way it was set up when I used my old iPhone.

4. verwon

verwon Evangelist
    Gold

In iTunes, when your phone is hooked up and you click on it, there's several options at the top, first one is summary, the next is info, click on that one and see where it says it's syncing your contacts from.

In Windows it has an option to sync with Wndows Contacts, on a Mac it's the Mac address book and etc.

5. Iphone 816

Iphone 816 New Member

I don't have anything checked under that tab.

6. Robert Brickman

Robert Brickman New Member

Try clicking the check box that says to replace on the next sync items on the iPhone with what's on the computer. Check the contacts (address book) box and sync. Provided your contacts are still on your computer, the next sync should restore them to your iPhone.

7. Iphone 816

Iphone 816 New Member

When I click the box it pops up with the box that says if I click and sync all my music and info will be deleted..

8. Robert Brickman

Robert Brickman New Member

That means that the library you synched with previously is not that library.

9. Iphone 816

Iphone 816 New Member

but that's the only pc or library I have ever synced with. I dunno.. It's not right

10. Iphone 816

Iphone 816 New Member

Ok I think I figured it out.
    Thanks to both of you for the tips.