My contacts keep getting deleted?

Jan 4, 2012
I had my phone replaced last weekend and now every time I sync to my pc it deletes my contacts. It never had an issue with my old iPhone why is it doing this.

In iTunes when my phone is plugged in I don't have any of the sync boxes checked which is how I had it when I used my old iPhone. So why now it keeps deleting them.

verwon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 29, 2011
Seattle
Do you have the setting checked to override the phone with what's in the computer? If so, and the contacts list isn't in your computer, it's going to keep doing that.

Jan 4, 2012
Do you have the setting checked to override the phone with what's in the computer? If so, and the contacts list isn't in your computer, it's going to keep doing that.
where is that setting? Is it a setting in iTunes or on my phone? I never changed anything on the pc from the way it was set up when I used my old iPhone.

verwon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 29, 2011
Seattle
In iTunes, when your phone is hooked up and you click on it, there's several options at the top, first one is summary, the next is info, click on that one and see where it says it's syncing your contacts from.

In Windows it has an option to sync with Wndows Contacts, on a Mac it's the Mac address book and etc.

Jan 4, 2012
In iTunes, when your phone is hooked up and you click on it, there's several options at the top, first one is summary, the next is info, click on that one and see where it says it's syncing your contacts from.

In Windows it has an option to sync with Wndows Contacts, on a Mac it's the Mac address book and etc.
I don't have anything checked under that tab.

Apr 27, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Try clicking the check box that says to replace on the next sync items on the iPhone with what's on the computer. Check the contacts (address book) box and sync. Provided your contacts are still on your computer, the next sync should restore them to your iPhone.