My endeavor to get a new MacBook...

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
So I'm trying to get some $$$ together to get a MB, MBA, or MBP (depending on much I can muster up). One thing I'm selling is my Wii - and I had a question about that. Is the demand still high? I got mine back in December, right before Christmas, but I haven't been playing it that much. I've gotten too deep in my 360, and I wouldn't mind parting ways with it. :D

Anyway - what would guys recommend a good asking price? I have the Wii (orginal box and accessories), 2 remotes, 2 nunchuks, Mario Galaxy, and Mario Party 8.... I think after tax, I spent around $440.

Any ideas?

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
Oh, they do tend to disappear pretty fast at those prices though. But, there seems to be a lot of them for sale in the Bay Area....high turnover. I was looking to upgrade from my PS2 but thought console prices would be even lower by now.

More importantly though, we need to get you on to a Mac ASAP! What else have you got to sell? :D

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
Oh, they do tend to disappear pretty fast at those prices though. But, there seems to be a lot of them for sale in the Bay Area....high turnover. I was looking to upgrade from my PS2 but thought console prices would be even lower by now.

More importantly though, we need to get you on to a Mac ASAP! What else have you got to sell? :D
:p I have my iMac, but I would like a notebook, too. I find that I use the notebook more, and I am planning on going back to school this year, and 1 computer in the home is not going to cut it.

You wouldn't be interested, would you? ;) You're running a PS2 still? How long have you had it?

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
Nah, I don't have much cash right now. I've only had my PS2 for a month or so. I guess I'll hold on to it until prices come down...or until my birthday ;)

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
When I made up my mind to get the MacBook, I was thinking- what to sell; what to sell. I considered my PS3 (60GB), Wii (9 games) and PSP (games & movies). But being the big kid I can be, I kept them all.

This past Friday, I sold my iPhone and today another phone I stopped using about 8 months ago. Another $300 sale and I'll have made back the $1100 I spent on this MacBook.

I remember when I wanted to sell a few things before, and at the time, I couldnt find one person interested; I didn't have a desire to do eBay- then in less than a week, people are popping out of corners wanting to buy things. As long as they're buying, I'm selling- but not my games.