My experience with Voice Control

stevetim

Silver
Jul 20, 2007
Oh god. I spent about 20 minutes earlier in the day at work trying to launch apps with voice command. Oh. Yeah. I get first place moron award.

LuvKeane

Bronze
May 10, 2009
Broadway
The voice command is pretty ****ty! And I do mean ****-TY!

Me: Play Im Alive
iPhone: Calling __________: (next thing I know, the phone is calling my cousin Simone in Venezuela!)

Right now:
Me: Play Mr. Producer
iPhone: Playing Assassins

Me: Play Sarah Brightman
iPhone: No matches found

dwest218

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
At first I thought the voice control was really bad but realized it was mostly me. I have my contacts sorted and displayed with last name first. I was saying call John Smith and it would call someone with the last name similar to John. Not wanting to change my contacts around I say call Smith John and it works very well. Now just hoping they make it possible to initiate voice control from my Bluetooth headset. And also shorten the time by quarter of a second from the time you press the home button till voice control is activated.

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
The voice command is pretty ****ty! And I do mean ****-TY!

Me: Play Im Alive
iPhone: Calling __________: (next thing I know, the phone is calling my cousin Simone in Venezuela!)

Right now:
Me: Play Mr. Producer
iPhone: Playing Assassins

Me: Play Sarah Brightman
iPhone: No matches found
Read the directions for the voice command system. When you want to play music by a particular artist, you have to say "Play Artist Assassins" or "Play Artist Sarah Brightman." What you're doing won't work...

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
I haven't had any problems at all with voice control. I think it's pretty awesome, and the fact that you don't have to train it is amazing.

LuvKeane

Bronze
May 10, 2009
Broadway
Read the directions for the voice command system. When you want to play music by a particular artist, you have to say "Play Artist Assassins" or "Play Artist Sarah Brightman." What you're doing won't work...
But even if say "Play _________" and it is not a recognized artist, album, yadda, why on earth would it make a call? It's told me it doesn't recognize whatever.

And I did "thank you" because when I added "artist" to Sarah Brightman, it did start playing her stuff!

ryfone

Bronze
Jan 17, 2008
Pacific NW
Whenever I plug in the earphone jack, it activates the voice command feature. Anyone else experience this? Is this a software bug?

BiGZeus

Sep 19, 2007
grrr

for me its been dog**** no matter what i say it don't do the right thing it might sometimes work like if i ring some1 but most of the time its bad for me and i have a clean voice ( ;) but 80% of the time no joy

Last edited by a moderator:

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
for me its been dog**** no matter wat i say it don't do the right thing it might sometimes work like if i ring some1 but most of the time its bad for me and i have a clean voice ( ;) but 80% of the time no joy
You might have a bad phone. Mine has worked flawlessly since day one.

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
My voice control has been flawless except the errors I made when I "simplified" my contacts (such as combining, changing names etc.). This morning I kept trying to have it call my wife and it wouldn't. That was when I realized I made all the changes and did not recall what stuff was saved under.