My External Speakers are dead?

SF_VR6

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I have no idea what happened. My external speaker are no longer working.
I've even went through two software restores without further success.

What should I do? I purchased my phone on iDay. Will I be without a phone while its being repaired? Am I just out of luck?

any advice appreciated.

D-:sick::(

Redfor

Bronze
Jul 31, 2007
Fort Knox, KY area
If you have recently used a headset on your phone, plug the headset back in and out a few times. Sometimes after using a headset the phone gets stuck in headset mode. This unfortunately is a common problem with a lot of different cell phones.

rondz

Bronze
Jul 13, 2007
Bay Area
If you have recently used a headset on your phone, plug the headset back in and out a few times. Sometimes after using a headset the phone gets stuck in headset mode. This unfortunately is a common problem with a lot of different cell phones.
Yeah, I connected my my iPhone to the audio in/out on my stereo system with the iPhone to 3.5 mm jack adapter of my car and I thought mine broke too, all you have to do is plug it in and out of the iPhone a few times and play some songs then take it out while you play the songs to see if the external speakers are still working, I'm sure that's the problem. Give it a shot!

adseguy

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Damn! I was just going to suggest that. Good work getting to it first :p

This seems to be a comon issue for people "loosing" speaker sound

SF_VR6

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I have no idea what happened. My external speaker are no longer working.
I've even went through two software restores without further success.

What should I do? I purchased my phone on iDay. Will I be without a phone while its being repaired? Am I just out of luck?

any advice appreciated.

D-:sick::(
Hey guys thanks for the suggestions! I did what you said and now my speakers are working just fine!:p

birkoff

Bronze
Jul 30, 2007
All that technology and its a mechanical problem....
me thinks that proprietary jack is the problem.

When you stop and think about it, there is a lot of
engineering involved in a phono jack.

I'm having the same problemo...I'll try the getting
out of the car technique. Otherwise I'll get out the
WD-40.