My First Camping Experience

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
This was a mighty interesting experience; can't wait to do it again in 2 years.

My adventure started yesterday afternoon around 5pm when I decided to check out the camping crowd at the AT&T store. 5 guys had assumed squatters rights; one had indicated he had been there since 1:30 pm that day. I bid them good bye and told them I'd be back later.

I come back to the AT&T store around 11:45 pm. My 5 squatters had doubled to at least 10. Most interesting assortment of campers: some with sleeping bags, one with a tent, and others like myself with a chair. :)

As it turns out, it was a long and chilly night. I paced myself on my diet coke so I wouldn't have to impose on someone I didn't know.

Around 7:30 am, the AT&T managers distribute flyers to the people in line with instructions to get information prior to going in the store.

About 8:15 am, the AT&T manager informs the line that there were on 8 - 8GB, and 6 -16 GB white iPhones left. Fortunately, I timed my camping trip such that I was able to get my 16 GB white iPhone.

All in all, a mighty interesting experience. I can't wait to do it again. :)

Buffy

Zealot
Gold
Jan 20, 2008
Congrats on getting your phone of choice, Larry! I can't believe you camped all night, though. I've been saying it all day...you guys are NUTS. ;)

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Nice going Larry! What movies did you end up watching? I watched Independence Day and just listened to music and cars driving past for the rest of the time. I was there from 8PM-8:15AM and was 1st in line and 1st out the door. I was pretty pleased.

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
I packed some movies on my iPhone - Fools Gold, Meet the Robinsons, and Batman 1. I also brought along my 5G iPod. I ended up watching 2 episodes of Johnny Sokko and His Flying Robot, and two episodes of Star Blazers before I passed out at 2am.

I was really impressed that my supposed sleepy little town had so many iPhone users/wannabes.

coasts

Zealot
Gold
Jul 15, 2007
New York, NY
www.lomohomes.com
great story Larry...its all part of the fun...never done it for gadgetry, but concert tickets...different crowd. different party favors. same good time.

use it in good health.

glsda

Zealot
Gold
Oct 17, 2007
California
Why don't you re-post this in the Introductions forum? More people will see it and respond to you.

Oh, and welcome to EiC!

Welcome to EIC now as Napoleon_PhoneApart said 'Why don't you re-post this in the Introductions forum? More people will see it and respond to you.'