My first hard crash!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Geeky Don

Jul 2, 2007
Yesterday I noticed my phone was hot even though it hadn't been turned on. About three hours later I hit the "home" button and got nothing--the screen didn't turn on. I set the phone in the cradle and got a "low battery" warning on the phone. iTunes began a sync and the sync failed. iTunes offered to reset the phone.

I went through a reset and all software was redownloaded and installed. My iPhone automatically went throught the AT&T activation protocol--activation was virtually instantaneous. I thought it would restore everything from the last sync but it didn't get everything. I had to go through and re-setup my sync selections in iTunes. After a very lengthy sync, I'm now back up and running.

I have no idea if this is related, or not...Early yesterday morning I installed eCamm's iPhoneDrive software and moved a couple of files to the iPhone.:(

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
Yesterday I noticed my phone was hot even though it hadn't been turned on. About three hours later I hit the "home" button and got nothing--the screen didn't turn on. I set the phone in the cradle and got a "low battery" warning on the phone. iTunes began a sync and the sync failed. iTunes offered to reset the phone.

I went through a reset and all software was redownloaded and installed. My iPhone automatically went throught the AT&T activation protocol--activation was virtually instantaneous. I thought it would restore everything from the last sync but it didn't get everything. I had to go through and re-setup my sync selections in iTunes. After a very lengthy sync, I'm now back up and running.

I have no idea if this is related, or not...Early yesterday morning I installed eCamm's iPhoneDrive software and moved a couple of files to the iPhone.:(
Was your battery indeed low?
Might have just had something to do with the wackyness associated with having a really low battery charge, on most electronics.

Geeky Don

Jul 2, 2007
Your point about low-battery flakiness is a good one. I didn't think to wait a few minutes and try syncing again. If there's a repeat, I'll give that a try.

Still doesn't explain the rapid battery drain, however.