My first "screenshot"....this is cool stuff!

roadracer516

Bronze
Sep 8, 2007
Call me a dork if you want. I created my first screenshot and this is a cool way to share iPhone stuff with other people. This is my main menu:

Last edited by a moderator:

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
yeah, it is fun. I like yours... very colorful.

here's mine. I prefer to hide things.

wisegrape

Sep 23, 2007
yeah, it is fun. I like yours... very colorful.

here's mine. I prefer to hide things.
I love it! How did you do that? Is that just the phone app in the center location? Great mod. Love the time...This just makes me want to "scream" because my phone isn't that cool.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
I love it! How did you do that? Is that just the phone app in the center location? Great mod. Love the time...This just makes me want to "scream" because my phone isn't that cool.

yep. that's just the phone icon. Here's a list of what mods i'm using to do this:

-summerboard to show my wallpaper, and to use the theme "PlainJainDim" for the awesome translucent icons.
-rSBT to "hide" all of the other icons (heads-up: rSBT acts funny when you try to hide things on the dock... it will eventually work, but you may have to go through the process a couple of times.)
-Taskbar notifier to alert me of new emails, texts, and voicemails
-Dock so i can access all of the hidden apps through the sunbeam at the bottom right of the screen
-customizer to use an "invisible" carrier logo (like i said... i like to hide things).

all of these are available in apptapp.

wisegrape

Sep 23, 2007
yep. that's just the phone icon. Here's a list of what mods i'm using to do this:

-summerboard to show my wallpaper, and to use the theme "PlainJainDim" for the cool phone icon.
-rSBT to "hide" all of the other icons
-Taskbar notifier to alert me of new emails, texts, and voicemails
-Dock so i can access all of the hidden apps through the sunbeam at the bottom right of the screen
-customizer to use an "invisible" carrier logo (like i said... i like to hide things).

all of these are available in apptapp.
Thanks. I had all but dock installed. Just completed installing it. I'm getting close but I'm having trouble getting the phone icon by itself in the center on the dock.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
yeah, i edited my post... to address that.

rSBT acts a little funky when you try to hide everything on the springboard plus things on the dock. first it asks you something like "do you really want to hide all this stuff?" when you say yes, and save, it actually won't work right the first time. You have to go back in to rSBT and fix what it changed (it won't be how you saved it). So do it all again, and i think it should work that time.

I can have more specific instructions later. The key is to not give up and remember to hit the "save" button in rSBT every time you change it. it may undo what you save once or twice, but if you override what it changes, you'll get it eventually.

wisegrape

Sep 23, 2007
Got it. Thanks. Under settings for rSBT I changed the number of dock icons to 1 and SpringBoard Icons to Zero. Deleted the dock for PlainJainDim, set my wallpaper. I'll have to get used to the sunburst as getting it to come up takes practice. Thank you for the inspiration and help.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
no prob. I agree with you about the sensitivity of the sunburst. I wish there was a slider to adjust its sensitivity or something. It gets easier the more you do it. i have the most trouble when i try to expand it with my thumb on the same hand i'm holding the phone with... i'll get it eventually, though.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
i like litho... i just don't think it "fits" with the iPhone. I like themes that are simple and elegant, yet allow for personal expression.

litho just seems too rough... or retro... or something like that. It does show off the LCD screen very well...

reminds me of 21 Jump Street.

iversonjai

Bronze
Sep 27, 2007
i like litho... i just don't think it "fits" with the hi a

hi acosmichippo...i'm unable to make my dock transparent...I got rid of all of my icons on the springboard and dock but can't get rid of the bar of the dock...how do you make it disappear?

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
hi acosmichippo...i'm unable to make my dock transparent...I got rid of all of my icons on the springboard and dock but can't get rid of the bar of the dock...how do you make it disappear?
oh yeah, i forgot about that. You need to download the transparent images in the installer. Included is a transparent dock image you can use in customizer.

BamXc0re

Oct 10, 2007
my iPhone

Here is my theme, got the idea from @acosmichippo, i too like to keep things to a minamal...i also like to c my wallpaper lolz

Last edited by a moderator:

abates21

Jul 29, 2007
Knoxville, TN
I wish I remotely understood all of this mod/hacking stuff. The shots you all are posting look great.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
I would like to formally apply for a motion to change the name of this painting to:

"Teh OH NOES!1!"

@acosmichippo
Anyway, very nice springboard, I hadn't thought of using it in this way. Is it possible to define your own phone icon with that setup?

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
I would like to formally apply for a motion to change the name of this painting to:

"Teh OH NOES!1!"

@acosmichippo
Anyway, very nice springboard, I hadn't thought of using it in this way. Is it possible to define your own phone icon with that setup?

I'm sure you can, but i have not gotten that deep into modding yet. So far i have just been using themes from apptapp and editing them with customizer, summerboard, and rSBT. I'm still learning the ins and outs of using my own images.