My friends don't believe I have an iPhone 4S

Discussion in 'iPhone 4S' started by kyleplusitunes, Oct 20, 2011.

1. kyleplusitunes

Silver

I am getting really frustrated with Apple, my friends don't believe I have an iPhone 4S there is no way I can prove it to them because my iPhone looks exactly like their iPhone 4, they think I just have an iPhone 4 that is jail broke to have Siri, how can I prove I have an iPhone 4S so my friends will think I am cool?

Any help is thankfully taken!

2. Vonwachtstain

Vonwachtstain Member
    Bronze

Why would you even bother? You know what you got and that all it matters. And I don't think there is a way to prove it without handing it over for inspection. Maybe you can show them model number in settings or the box. I wouldn't even bother. You have a "sleeper" iPhone 4.

3. Abd007

Abd007 New Member

Show them the cam which has 8mp;)

4. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

Siri, duh!
    If they don't believe you then why even bother.

5. chazm

chazm Contributor
    Silver

Who gives a crap. I can tell you must be young if it bothers you that much.

6. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

LOL! It's funny you say your friends can't even tell and don't believe you. I think the suggestion of Siri is a GR8 one. Show that to them and they will shut the F up.

Everyeone here at work knew I was getting this phone and they knew it looked like the iPhone 4. But to be sure one guy said, let's ask Siri a question. So I fired her up and they knew I really got it.

It's not so bad concerning yourself as to what your friends think of you. Friends are important to some people while not so important to others.

If you have a 64Gig iPhone 4S show them that. That would shut them up too, but Siri is the surefire way to let them know you're not playing around, and yes, this is an iPhone 4S.

I personally don't mind that it looks identical to the iPhone 4. That way, people who shouldn't know that it is the new iPhone, won't. They'll think you just have that old "sh*t". (In my neighborhood, that's a good thing. Oh, they are so tech savvy that they know an old iPhone is pretty much worthless, but the new sh*t is the one you wanna get from someone. No one ever said criminals are geniuses.)

When I went to the Apple Store for a swap out, that I didn't get, the Genius asked me if this was the iPhone 4 when he looked at it. It's masked in the old coat. I like that a lot.

7. rambo47

rambo47 Contributor
    Silver

Show them the Model# under Settings > General > About. Let them google it or check it out on Apple.com for themselves.

8. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

[​IMG]

9. MrMike6by9

MrMike6by9 Evangelist
    Gold

I believe I have a 4S and that's all I need to know.

YMMV

10. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

Carry the box with you.... LOL

11. Michael Baturin

Michael Baturin Evangelist
    Gold

The prestige of having "the newest" tech device is something that is taken into consideration among a lot of people who buy cutting edge technology. Whether you are one of those people or not, the notion exists and does so with a lot of people. This is the "show-off" factor and it is real. I realize the OP may be a troll trying to get us to feed him on the whole 'how is it not the same phone?' notion, but from a real world standpoint he is not so wrong - the differentiation of technology is a missing piece of this new tech.

What many have to realize with the 4S - at least in my opinion - is that Apple was so sure that the software on the new phone would be embraced warmly, they forwent the "show-off factor". At least for now. don't get me wrong, the new camera is a great upgrade, the internal hardware upgrades are great, but what I really love is how well iOS 5 runs on this thing and how perfect iCloud has been working. I realize also that these work on the iPhone 4, but I think there is something to be said about the improved performance of ios 5 and iCloud along with browsing, gaming, and a slew of other enhanced usability factors with the 4S

12. Redneck1996

Redneck1996 Zealot

13. iBoss

iBoss Contributor
    Bronze

I Believe You!

14. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

lol this is an easy solution for this. Look at the back of your phone. In the small print. If you have an iPhone 4S, it should reflect model A1387. Compare it with your friends iPhone 4. You can also google "A1387" right on your mobile Safari and results will be for the iPhone 4S. Where's the easy button?

15. Redneck1996

Redneck1996 Zealot

16. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

You are right. It is Apples fault that you are having a hard time proving your phone to your friends. I would write them a heated email.

17. rom x

rom x Zealot
    Gold

as long as you believe and as long you as your are happy with your phone. who cares what others think:)

18. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

He does obviously. Otherwise he wouldn't have posted that he had a problem with it.

19. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Why oh why do some continue to 'feed the animals'? :p

20. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

Because I'm a giver.