My Hacked 1.1.1 iPhone, Ringtones....

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jul 15, 2007
MA
So I jailbroke my 1.1.1 iPhone and put my ringtones in the usual ringtone folder through SSH. They show up as being on the phone, but what do you know? They cant be chosen and don't show up on my iPhone. Wonderful.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Gratz, did the upgrade get your nervous at any point? Oh yeah, you on a mac or PC?

And yeah, I've read that the trick with the ringtones is to set them up before the upgrade so that they're copied back over automatically as you've already noticed. The trick is not to fiddle with you ringtones, ever, after that. Supposedly they'll still work if you don't touch anything, but every post I've read that says this has yet to prove it because nobody can remember not to mess with their contacts.

heh

Jul 15, 2007
MA
No I wasn't nervous...I've been hacking cell phones since I was like 15 including my Motorola E398. I made a little bit more progress with my iPhones ring-tones. Before you could throw throw mp3's in the ring-tones folder and they would play just fine. With 1.1.1, only the .m4r extension will allow the file to show up in the list. Yes, the ring-tone will show up in the sounds list. However, when I go to play it, no sound comes out. Its blank. I converted my mp3 ring-tone to AAC through iTunes then changed the extension to .m4r.

Anyone else have any ideas?

akophone

Bronze
Aug 1, 2007
Ambrosia's iToner has been burning the midnight oil on their next iteration of their answer to 1.1.1. As expected, with the early stages of this current jailbreak, bugs and other anomalies tend to materialize intermittently but given time, and judging from the rapid pace of progress, I'm sure this will get more refined, and thus, ready for prime time.... Just like the world of pre "1/11" (1.1.1)!

I know, you want that CTU or Mario ringtone now....

Jul 15, 2007
MA
Ambrosia's iToner has been burning the midnight oil on their next iteration of their answer to 1.1.1. As expected, with the early stages of this current jailbreak, bugs and other anomalies tend to materialize intermittently but given time, and judging from the rapid pace of progress, I'm sure this will get more refined, and thus, ready for prime time.... Just like the world of pre "1/11" (1.1.1)!

I know, you want that CTU or Mario ringtone now....
CTU or Mario? haha Im thinking about new songs off of Kanye and 50s CD.

chris201

Bronze
Oct 1, 2007
Are you using a mac or PC for this. An i am assuming amrosia is mac correct? Which means no help in site for the PC users.