my harddrive died

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

theraker007

Bronze
Jun 15, 2007
and so did al my mp3s with it..i still have them on the iPhone, but the next time i synch on my formatted computer im going to lose them all arent i?

is therea way to retrieve these songs off the iPhone? or did i really just loseall my music?

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
and so did al my mp3s with it..i still have them on the iPhone, but the next time i synch on my formatted computer im going to lose them all arent i?

is therea way to retrieve these songs off the iPhone? or did i really just loseall my music?
iPodrip may work. It worked for my iPod video. It moves all the content from your ipod back to the computer.

mach1mustang_101

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
reformat your hd put everything back on. put iTunes on it then hook it up. it will show up under iPhone then you can just copy to library.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
It's always good to back up that iTunes folder to a large flash drive to avoid those situations. Of course, it might take several flash drives if you've got a lot of music.

theraker007

Bronze
Jun 15, 2007
It's always good to back up that iTunes folder to a large flash drive to avoid those situations. Of course, it might take several flash drives if you've got a lot of music.

yes i now know this but it doesn't help me much for my present situation.. so theres really nothing that can be done eh?

skiz420

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
Boston
as far as getting them off... theres no way i know of yet... but if you have the option for automatic sync turn off on your iPhone then you wont lose them but if you have it auto sync on connection they will be erased...

vansouza

Bronze
Jul 11, 2007
Las Vegas, NV USA
www.usheroes.us
You will have to tell us.

Seems you are a pioneer.. If you have a Mac, iTunes will as if you want to copy your purchased music to the iTunes folder... but you will loose ripped tunes. I have no clue what will happen if you have XP or Vista. Now this is offered as experience with "iPods" not my iPhone. Good luck and let us know... and backup, backup, backup.