My impression on my iPhone sleeve I just received!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Deedubau

Bronze
Jul 10, 2007
http://www.sfbags.com/products/iPhonesuedejacket/iPhonesuedejacket.htm

To be honest, this thing looks like something that would come with the iPhone because I believe it's similar to those ipod slip pouches they come (or used to come with). It's made form the same material the iPhone wiper and it's awesome! I've tried many cases and skins and they all deteriorate the natural beauty of the iPhone for me. Then I realized the thing is super durable under normal usage (unlike my psp which is very fragile). So I use the thing naked and I decided to buy this to preserve the look of the iPhone when I used it but at the same time just keep the screen sealed up so I doesn't rub against my pocket (which is probably fine, but it just feels safer in this!).

The one concern I had with this thing is that you would probably want to put this on upside down to hear the ringtone. I tried it right side up and it turns out you can hear the ringtone fine because the sleeve isn't a super tight fit on the iPhone so you can hear the ringtone just as normal. So for those of you don't want a lot of bulk on your iPhone and just need a simple protector (but not drop) to keep in your pocket, this is the perfect thing!

whale_hunter

Bronze
Sep 11, 2007
I'm heading to Vegas and tomorrow is going to be my iPhone case shopping day.
Is this only available online?

I need to get something tomorrow.

Looks cool either way. Thanks for the link.

garretwp

Bronze
Sep 3, 2007
If you need something soon and you have an Apple store near you. I would recommend the agent18 case or if you are looking for a holster type case the dlo hip case at the att store. If you want to order something online the seidio slim case and holster is a nice combo.

- Garrett

Deedubau

Bronze
Jul 10, 2007
Maybe it's just me but i'm extremely picky when it comes to cases. I tried a lot of them on and hated them all, but the agent 18 was the least worst looking lol. I didn't like it because the screen is set back a millimeter or 2 and it does look natural for the iPhone. But the thing fits extremely well. I just wanted something to cover the unit while it's in my pocket so it's no good for real protection.

Houdini07

Sep 25, 2007
Waterfield's other case too

http://www.sfbags.com/products/iPhonesuedejacket/iPhonesuedejacket.htm

To be honest, this thing looks like something that would come with the iPhone because I believe it's similar to those ipod slip pouches they come (or used to come with). It's made form the same material the iPhone wiper and it's awesome! I've tried many cases and skins and they all deteriorate the natural beauty of the iPhone for me. Then I realized the thing is super durable under normal usage (unlike my psp which is very fragile). So I use the thing naked and I decided to buy this to preserve the look of the iPhone when I used it but at the same time just keep the screen sealed up so I doesn't rub against my pocket (which is probably fine, but it just feels safer in this!).

The one concern I had with this thing is that you would probably want to put this on upside down to hear the ringtone. I tried it right side up and it turns out you can hear the ringtone fine because the sleeve isn't a super tight fit on the iPhone so you can hear the ringtone just as normal. So for those of you don't want a lot of bulk on your iPhone and just need a simple protector (but not drop) to keep in your pocket, this is the perfect thing!

Yeah, I bought one too and really like it because it is so simple and doesn't have any branding on it (so rare these days). I bought one of their other cases too:

Smart Case

I like them both and use the "suede jacket" when I'm carrying my iPhone around in my pocket and use the "smart case" when I need to throw it in my bag. It has a padded front and back. (It's quite handsome too.) I haven't had any problems hearing the ring because I put it in upside down. (The company recommended that.) They have another one I am coveting (a travel case: ) -- maybe for x-mas.